Aromatic Blend that has Depth and Complexity.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I'd throw in Sillem's Linea Epoque Antique for consideration. There's no latakia in it so the room note is usually considered more pleasant to non-smokers.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If you listen to me, you will only need to buy 2 blends. One is Sutliff Molto Dolce and the other in Cult Blood Red Moon.

After they have rocked your world, you won't know how to thank me. You will save thousands and thousands on pipe tobacco that is totally superior to every other aromatic..

I should have added if you want something with more strength and some Burley in it, Peterson University Flake is a good one. It has a nice plum flavor that I find enjoyable.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Original title, below, edited for brevity and caps. -jpm

Looking for an aromatic blend that also offers the pipe smoker some depth and complexity.

I don't like to smoke Aromatics on a daily or weekly basis but I do get the craving for a sweet tasting and room pleasing note from time to time. So far, C&D's Autumn evening delivers in both the room note and taste complexity department but surely there are other blends that can deliver. I've tried Lane 1Q and SWR Aromatic which both smell good but don't deliver much in flavor in my opinion. What else is out there that I should try?
I really like the Seven Seas blends. They're basically Macbarren doing their rip off and improvement of Captain Black. The Royal is amazing and gets compliments on room note. Not a huge fan of aros and love these ones which are about as aro as possible.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
I find many aromatics a little too mild, so I suggest adding a healthy pinch of strong burley or Virginia to pump up the experience; mix it a bowl or two at a time in a mixing bowl before packing. You can tweak aromatics so the the tobacco is forward, as they say.
I was thinking this way also, I could not find an aromatic that ticked all the boxes so now I always do a "blend" and depending on my mood at the time, it may be 60/40 or 40/60 (aromatic/non-aromatic).

Reactions: mso489