PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Army beat Navy 14-13 in a snowy cold game in Philadelphia today. My son was there in the USMA class of 2021. Great experience and he is making memories that will last a lifetime.

Fourth from the right.

18bfcce4-a435-4d90-96cc-4d547794c8c4-600x450.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Congrats to your son. Nice smile! And he's closet to that very pretty cadet. (sorry, not great with military rank, esp. Army. We are a Navy family.)

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Was pulling for Navy, but that being said it was a hellof a game , both sides to be Applauded. By the way my Veteran son 82nd Airborne, texted me the score, as if I wasn't watching. Rubbing it in son, Santa may be a Grinch for you. :puffy:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Speaking of Army football, check out this famous play sequence from 1995 against Notre Dame.
The tight end #84 is my former brother-in-law.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teO9oWwNSzc

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Thank you. I noticed the girl next to him too. :wink: Beating Navy will make his life a little easier. They blame the Plebes if they loose.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A huge day for Army. I think Navy won 14 games in a row 2002 to 2015.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
So refreshing to watch a football game these days where the only attendees seated during the national anthem are in wheel chairs.
I come from a long line of Navy vets and one of my twin sons currently serves as an active duty 1st Lt. in the USMC. But all three of us were pleased last year when the cadets on Hudson River finally broke the drought MSO mentioned above. (Fourteen years is a long time between drinks and there were some god-awful beat downs during that period.)
The Long Gray Line sang second again and good for them. Those young men and women at our service academies are among the best and finest of their generation and this annual shoot-out always fills me with pride and hope.
My best to your fine son, Dcrguns.
Fnord

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Congratulations to Army and to your son for his accomplishment in being admitted there.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
Nice pic. That was a fun game to watch. I'm a big Buckeye fan, but enjoy college football in general. Much more fun to watch than the NFL. Although that may be because I'm a Browns fan :oops:

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
He had a great time and they are all enjoying the win. It was cold and it took a while for his feet to thaw out. He said that was the worst part as they had to wear their low quarter shoes. I am extremely proud of him and all of the cadets in all of our service academies. They are the best and brightest we have to offer. Thanks for all of the comments and keep them all in your prayers if you are so inclined.

Status
Not open for further replies.