PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
I saw their table earlier this year at the Chicago Pipe Show and wanted to stop by on the the way back to O’Hare this afternoon. It’s about 10 miles from the airport. Large (30-40 large leather chairs or so) smoking lounge and great tin tobacco selection. I did pick up a couple of Savinelli Eleganza’s.

Attachments

• IMG_7678.jpeg
    IMG_7678.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7675.jpeg
    IMG_7675.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7676.jpeg
    IMG_7676.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7677.jpeg
    IMG_7677.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7679.jpeg
    IMG_7679.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7701.jpeg
    IMG_7701.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7682.jpeg
    IMG_7682.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7683.jpeg
    IMG_7683.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I am fortunate to live right on a commuter train line between Chicago's downtown and it's northwest suburbs.

From the stop a couple blocks away from our condo, I could get to either Iwan Ries or Arlington Pipe and Cigar in nearly the same amount of time.

97 times out of a hundred, I choose Arlington. It is the more comfortable room, physically and socially. The selection is incredible and the staff dedicated to pipes and tobaccos despite also having (and probably doing the majority of their business in) thousands of cigars.

If anyone was in the area and only had time to visit one, I would recommend Arlington unless you were downtown during the day for other reasons.

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2024
South Bend, Indiana
blog.hallenius.org
I don't suppose you saw any Robert McConnell tins in stock there? I am seeking a source for McConnell Heritage Series Barking Road, but danged if I can find a ships-within-or-to-the-USA vendor.

Please note, I am not writing a WTB post with this comment, just looking for a pointer to a legitimate vendor! I pray that I am not running afoul of the rules, as I acknowledge I do not yet meet the membership length and quality post requirements to post in the Tobacco Sales/Trade section of this fine forum.

Reactions: jbfrady
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Arlington Pipe and Cigar features a selection of pipe tobacco that rivals Iwan Ries these days and has an exceptionally broad selection of tobaccos sold by the ounce. I don't believe they ship though. Very nice people, too. They are the home of the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club and they treat us like royalty.

The pipe selection focuses on the mid-market brands, like Peterson, Savinelli, but carry a small selection of artisan pipes and also Morgan Bones. For a larger selection of artisan pipes and luxury brands like Dunhill and Castello, Iwan Ries is the place to go in Chicagoland.

Excellent cigar selection, too.

Being an Illinois retailer, prices are necessarily higher than most online retailers, but with rare exception, if they sell a blend I want to buy, I buy it from them.

I do not recall seeing the specific McConnell's blend that was asked about.

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
That's an amazing tin selection. I'll be adding Arlington to my list of shops to visit.

Were their staff pretty knowledgeable about pipes?
Yes, one of the staff members (I believe his name was Josh) was very helpful and spent a lot of time with me. After I initially picked out an Eltang basic and then inquired about any Savinelli Eleganza’s that were not displayed, he told me they had a few few listed on line and retrieved the two I purchased from the back storage area of the store. I even got a 10% discount as a member of the North American Society of Pipe Collectors, which will hold its annual show next month in Columbus. It was a very enjoyable afternoon.

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
Yes, one of the staff members (I believe his name was Josh) was very helpful and spent a lot of time with me. After I initially picked out an Eltang basic and then inquired about any Savinelli Eleganza’s that were not displayed, he told me they had a few few listed on line and retrieved the two I purchased from the back storage area of the store. I even got a 10% discount as a member of the North American Society of Pipe Collectors, which will hold its annual show next month in Columbus. It was a very enjoyable afternoon.
Yeah that sounds like a great experience.

slavman68

Lurker
Oct 10, 2022
www.youtube.com
My favorite shop I've ever been to. The staff is really friendly and they have a great selection as well. It's also where the Chicago pipe collectors club meets and I highly recommend joining if you're from the area.

Reactions: Mike N and khiddy