PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Woodsroad, thank you. You’re right. Mods please do not close the thread. YouTube pipe community, let me have it.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
And for the record, I was being sincere in thanking you for pointing out my attempt to end debate. You’re one of the few forum members whose thoughts I actually value.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Thanks for the laugh, wyfbane.
Look, I don’t know where I gave any indication that I was experiencing any stress over the money; any stress at all for that matter. I’ve long been aware of the potential for misunderstanding one another in this form of communication, which partly explains why I haven’t yet broken three hundred posts in the approximately four years I’ve been lurking around here. The purpose of my post was to warn other forum members of potential issues when dealing with Aristocob. Then I was mischaractertized as acting like a spoiled child by a stranger who lacks full awareness of the situation, which momentarily pissed me off yes, but that has nothing to do with money. I don’t care about the money. I don’t even care about the stems anymore. I do still care about customer service. :puffy:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Then I was mischaractertized as acting like a spoiled child by a stranger
I wasn't insinuating that you're a spoiled a child, I was merely making a point that these days people are so caught up with instant gratification and forget that people have lives plus, s**t happens.
I would venture to say Scott isn't aware of the situation due to some anomaly like a spam filter or something, cause he's usually fairly quick with responses on Instagram and YouTube, so I would assume emails from the Aristocob store he'd be pretty quick in responding to as well.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
If I were Scott, I would take umbrage at the following:
An honorable merchant would acknowledge the error and correct it, but this has not been my experience with Aristocob.

especially considering:
This is all over $2.36 worth of plastic

No, it's about your complaint that no one responded to multiple emails sent over a relatively short time space.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I'm with the OP on this one. If I bought a pipe or tobacco from SP's, almost 100% guarantee, I have it in the mail 2 or 3 days later. If it's wrong, and I email them, I will have a response within 12 hours. I'm not saying that the merchant might not be experiencing a problem in the correspondence arena, but let's not belittle the OP's concern over his order.
Doing good business means that you correct any issues with customers before things get to this point. Is it the merchants fault? Maybe it is, maybe it's not, but if I order something and it comes in wrong, I want it fixed, no matter how small an amount of $$ it is. If after a week I still hear crickets in this day and age where I can communicate with someone in Europe with an email and have it returned within a day, or have SP's correct an order for me within a day, then I'd hope other businesses would move that way too. Especially if they're maintaining an online presence. If they don't want that, move offline, handle things the old-fashioned way, and I wouldn't be as concerned. JMHO.

Waiting a week for an email reply is fairly patient. I mean, in one week, an email in my inbox is going to be burred under hundreds of pipe retailers, eStatements, emails from family that I'm ignoring, and specials from spammers. A week is pretty long for an email reply. If I didn't hear from someone in a week, I would just assume that they've blown me off.
But, on the other hand... this all just sounds like mistakes all around. The guy doesn't know your history with these pipes, and may have just assumed, as I would, that you wanted the extra bit for some other pipe. If you ordered them by mistake, and it was just a couple of bucks, I would have ignored you also. But, then I have a drawer full of stuff that my wife told me to return to stores. I'd rather have root canal than go through a business's customer service to return something. It's just easier to throw it in a drawer and forget about it. Plus, who knows, one day there may be a use for sub_C sized batteries made for Russian electronics. You never know. :puffy:
Now, I don't mean to insinuate that you are petty or anything. It's just that we are all different. The urgency on your part for him to fix a mistake you made on your order, just comes across as different from different folks. That's all. No biggie. You said it didn't matter anyhow, right?

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Perhaps initially, rather than a warning about this supplier, you could have asked if anyone else was experiencing any issues with said-company. Putting myself in your shoes, I also would be wondering what's going on.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
OLna6yN.gif

aristocob

Lurker
Jan 24, 2010
Scott from Aristocob.com here. I just stumbled across this thread and I am shocked that I had no idea that this went on. Yes, we were dealing with the death of my wife's mother in Ohio (we are in NC) but we have shipped many hundreds of orders during these months and I don't recall receiving an email about this. My personal email address is Aristocob@gmail.com and I would be happy to set this straight if you can contact me with your name or order number or even the email address you sued to place your order. I don't know what happened with the obvious communication failure, but I am embarrassed that it happened and apologize that insult was added to your financial injury. I hope we can make this right immediately. Scott

Reactions: UncleRasta
Status
Not open for further replies.