PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
After nearly a week and four emails attempting to contact them with no response, I am posting this as a warning to anyone considering purchasing from them.
I bought a pipe and four replacement bits. They sent the correct pipe, but the wrong bits. I emailed them immediately to inform them of their mistake, including a picture of the incorrect stems just in case there was any doubt. No response. I emailed again the following day. No response. Another email was sent the day after that. No response. I waited a couple more days and emailed one final time. Nothing.
I believe I was entirely polite and courteous in my communication. This is all over $2.36 worth of plastic. An honorable merchant would acknowledge the error and correct it, but this has not been my experience with Aristocob. I am still willing to believe there is some reasonable explanation as to why they have not responded to my emails other than attempting to avoid the loss of a few bucks worth of replacement stems and shipping, but no communication whatsoever?
I’m under the impression they don’t care, but they won’t be getting my money again.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
It's never wise to piss off a customer. I'm not sure I'd waste more time for a few dollars, however.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
saltedplug: Agreed. This was my final move. If they happen to decide they want to make it right, that’s fine. I won’t hold my breath though.

Jan 8, 2013
Emails can tend to get lost one way or another... maybe ended up in the spam folder, or perhaps internet down for weather, etc. Have you tried calling them or sending a text message? 336-701-COBS / 336-701-2627

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
No, I did not text them. They state on their website that email is the more reliable method of contact. Sure it’s possible that all four of my emails got lost in their junk mail; the first two were direct replies to the shipping confirmation email I received from them, and two were sent directly to their email address, which is indentical to the address to which the first pair of emails were sent.
Just my opinion here, but I believe they’ve been in business long enough to know if they have an issue with customer emails being directed to junk mail, and should be in the habit of checking for such things regularly if such an issue does exist.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Wow, that sounds really strange for Aristocob. I have dealt with them on occasion, with nothing but great service. As far as I know, that shop is actually a one-person affair. On vacation, maybe?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Very small shops frequently take a long time to respond. I hope that's the explanation and that this will have a happy ending. I've had good luck dealing direct with MM and with Forever Stems. I hope for the best on your resolving this well. So far, I think you've done the right thing. Getting irate usually doesn't work, in my experience.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I know Scott at Aristocob, and have been communicating with him for years via YouTube and Instagram. I've made multiple purchases from Aristocob, and the bulk of the YouTube Pipe Community purchases their cobs from Aristocob. I've never heard of any complaints regarding the website or customer service. If there is a website issue Scott is quick to say something via YouTube and on Instagram. I know that doesn't reach all of his customers, but it does hit the majority of them. Scott travels a lot, so his wife Jandi fills most of the orders and responds to emails etc. If you're not getting an email response then chances are there is an unknown issue. With as many give aways (giving away free merch) Scott does via YT and IG; I know he's not worried about a couple dollars, so my guess there may be an email issue such as going into a junk folder etc.

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
I've never dealt with them so no dog in the hunt so to speak. I will say this, the 336 area received a huge amount of snow (for us) starting last night. My area was 12"-15" inches. Hundreds of thousands are without power right now. From this point forward, it may still be a little longer wait on a response. Good luck.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I’ve had nothing but great service with them, don’t give up, it’s something you need to follow through with and explain you’d not gotten any response to earlier contact once you have them, good luck.

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With a ma and pa shop, it sounds more and more like some household problem and/or the weather has them tied up. I'd send through the alternate channels some gentle prompts. I'd include short snail mail note, which will get their attention. It sounds like they'll make it right, but it will take a little time. Some stress and disruption probably caused the wrong delivery in the first place.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Well I for one appreciate the post.
Based on the overall support, I am likely to start ordering from there. The prices are good and there are things he has I haven't seen much of before. Stoked!
So, thanks for the heads up.
:puffpipe:

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Well good luck with that. I still have received no response, though I’m sure they’ll readily take your money. :puffpipe:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It really is pretty wild how we've gone all Veruca from Willy Wonka, "I WANT IT NOW!", about things. "They didn't refund my money in 1.5 seconds?!? I'm NEVER ordering from them again!".
Scott's been running Aristocob for quite a long time. He's also been on YouTube quite a long time and he's mentioned correcting situations for customers when they come up like this one. As mentioned it is a one person operation and he does travel a lot for work. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation as to why he hasn't replied in a few days. I say have a pipe and write a text message and a snail mail and give it a few weeks.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I take issue with you implying that I am being demanding beyond reason. You are inventing quotes that don’t apply at all to my handling of this situation. While I would hope to receive what I paid for, I never asked for a refund, only simple acknowledgment of the error.
Four emails and now over a week with no response, and I’m the bad guy.
Can a mod please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.