PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
Yeah, I still get a little excited when I am expecting some tobacco or a new pipe!

Since I have a severe case of CRS (Can't Remember Sh*t), when I get a package of ANYTHING I'm a little surprised and it's a little like Christmas.

I enjoy the prospect of surprising myself!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Since I have not bought any tobacco except for a few aged tins, I haven't bought a large amount of tobacco since 2018. I get totally excited when I get a new pipe. It is like Christmas when I do get a new pipe and I open it and smoke it as soon as I get it. I could be smoking a pipe when something comes in and I will put it down to smoke the new pipe. My last 13 pipes were all commissions and I opened them as soon as I get them.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Geez guys, where is the excitement? How can you not get excited by a new toy. Have you lost your ability to be a kid again? I would be sad if I could not get excited about a new pipe especially if it were a commission.

Reactions: huckleberry

dog_park_piper

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2021
The Woodlands, TX
Geez guys, where is the excitement? How can you not get excited by a new toy. Have you lost your ability to be a kid again? I would be sad if I could not get excited about a new pipe especially if it were a commission.
Right. How can someone spend lots of $$ on a pipe and at the same time act as if it's not; exciting to have it arrived?

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
As the German general said when they told him the
Allies were landing at Normandy...."I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about such things." puffy

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Any new or new to me pipe thrills me.

I do smoke every one, but a new pipe is like a new gun, watch, or pen.

A pipe needs tobacco, a gun needs cartridges, a watch needs wound, and a pen needs ink, before you can play with your shiny new toy.

• Love
Reactions: huckleberry