PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Absolutely. I lean toward englishes and burleys during the winter months, very rare I'd go for one during summer. Aromatics I like year round, though I tend toward lighter ones during the warmer months and heavier ones when it's chilly. Virginias tend to be for warmer times for me. VaBurs and VaPers pretty much any time, but I gotta tell ya, there's nothing like OGS in the springtime. ?

Reactions: beefeater33

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
For me not, its more a time of the day thing. English in the morning, Va(Per) in the afternoon, something heavier or a cigar in the evening, but I see myself taking a detour once in a while and smoke a burley in the morning or a English during the evenings. What I never understood is the holiday thing around products, suddenly everything pumpkin spice around Halloween or more cinnamon things around christmas. Tobacco producers are trying to participate in those holiday themed products and most fail misserably, maybe because I don't like flavored tobacco for now.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Since moving to Florida and losing my taste for any English or Orientals I have no idea if it is the weather that made those changes All I know is my loss of the taste of any kind of English blends happened and I am happy wit t. It is a whole genre I don't have to worry about.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Absolutely.

I have certain blends I have designated for certain times of year, but of course, as with most things it's very subjective.

Most blends I smoke year round and then I add a few to the rotation depending on the season.

In the springtime I like to add king cake and sansepolcro. In the summer those get replaced with Sun Bear, in the fall Sun Bear is replaced with the Lovecraft Blends from C&D, followed by the 101 Christmas blends in the winter.

I too tend to gravitate toward light latakia blends in the winter.

pip01

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 3, 2018
NJ
Lats & Straight Burleys and non-fruit aros in colder months. VA, VaPers, VaBurs, Dark Fired blends and more fruity aros in the warmer months. Lakelands all year long.

Reactions: beefeater33

Duck

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2021
Edinburgh
Not much point really. The weather here is of the four seasons in a day variety, sometimes four seasons in an hour. It rarely gets very hot or very cold. So, I don't vary my rotation by season.

mparker762

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2021
Houston, TX
My tastes are definitely seasonal, I tend to smoke virginias and burleys in the warmer months, english and orientals during the colder months. that "sitting around a campfire" feeling isn't nearly as comfy when it's 100 degrees and 80% humidity.

Reactions: Servant King