PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2016
C&D tobaccos are a hit or miss thing for me. I've got more luck with their tinned tobaccos than their bulk ones so far. Now that said Pirate Kake and Billy Budd bulk are really good.

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
My favorite C&D blend is Poplar Camp and that one ONLY comes in bulk. Folks have asked why there is no tinned version, implying that a tinned version would somehow be better?

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I really, really like C&D's bulk London Squire. Way more than I thought I would. In fact I think it might eclipse my great love for PS 17 and PS 306.

dadosaurusrex

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2019
I'm a huge fan of their tobaccos, and since Bayou Morning is one of the blends you mentioned, I smoke that pretty much constantly and can't recommend it enough. I actually really like the "rough edges" or harshness in some of their blends, because like the OP, I really like strong potent flavors. I have never noticed a difference in the bulk v/s the tins, and I love the value of the bulk! And just to add to the list of great blends that everyone has mentioned, you should check out Big 'n' Burley, and a definite +1 to Bayou Night, which MSO mentioned.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I used to buy lots of C&D bulks. I was really enjoying what I felt was pure tobacco flavor, and I do like burley.

Yorktown or their VA Flake are pretty nice VA's.

Lately, my go to bulk VA is 3 Sails from D&R. It's a fantastic mixer, and great by itself. It requires a little untangling when mixing due to its fine shag cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.