Are All Butane Brands Basically the Same?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
I sent an email to Zippo and they replied. Kind of what i figured but good to know.
""There is no difference between the two. We simply changed the color of the cap for marketing purposes. The color now matches the color on the lighter fluid also.
Thank you for your email inquiry and your interest in Zippo products.""

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I use whip-it!. I bought several off eBay and I have been very happy. Absolutely no problems with my Kiribi lighter. Easy cleaning also.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Even with the relatively inexpensive butane lighters I buy now (I lost too many expensive ones) I get good results. I’m convinced that using good, premium butane has made all the difference.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Is there a concrete definition for what constitutes “refined” butane?. My guess is that the claims of 5x, 20x etc are bullshit. There are probably a very limited number of facilities that manufacture canned butane, and for the most part, it is most likely all the same gas in those cans.
I have quite a few gas lighters, and I’ve fed them a wide array of butane brands. None have ever given me gas-related problems. Is it possible that lighter problems attributed to poor quality butane are really due to some other problem? Or do people have evidence that bad gas is to blame?
33aGcH

phreon

Lurker
Jul 11, 2017
I've been using a Zippo lighter with a cheap "Z-pipe" brand butane insert I got off of Amazon for $12 shipped and have been feeding it the what ever crap I can find since before joining this board. No problems at all. It's usually Zippo brand fuel, though I have a can of "Neon" brand floating around here somewhere.
26007677957_17426e0226_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.