Archive Of The Old Pipes And Tobacco Magazine?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
I used to get excited when a new issue arrived. For some time they seemed to hit my mailbox on a Friday and so I had the whole weekend to enjoy them. Fortunately I saved all but two of them and those I got from their old stock before they went under. Still wondering if I'll ever get my prepaid subscription refunded.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have every copy ever written. They are in perfect shape and can be had for a grand a piece. I know I am giving them away but that is just the kind of guy I am.

Ok no I don't have them all, maybe 3 on the back of my toilet, those can be had a roll of toilette paper, never know when you will run out.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I have every copy ever written. They are in perfect shape and can be had for a grand a piece. I know I am giving them away but that is just the kind of guy I am.

Ok no I don't have them all, maybe 3 on the back of my toilet, those can be had a roll of toilette paper, never know when you will run out.

Man, you made me waste a check. It was half filled out until you mentioned the toilet paper. You'll never get mine!

Mike S.

burleybreath

Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
Does anyone know if Pipes and Tobacco Magazine is archived anywhere? I used to read it cover to cover and I still have a few issues stored away.

Yep. I have all the issues, in great shape. Approximately two feet of magazines, and thus heavy.Kinda wanna keep 'em, kinda wanna sell them. But not yet. I'll wait till I'm run over by a truck or something, then my executor will probably toss them.

Oh, wait...you meant archived for public access, right? Never mind.

Reactions: edger

travis

Lurker
Nov 29, 2014
I have most of the past issues. Downsizing prior to a projected move to a smaller home, so will probably put them on Ebay some day.

Reactions: edger

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Video killed the radio star ? Yeah, it stinks that this type of media is dying or dead... newspapers, magazines, catalogs, etc., have been deemed antiquated. I remember as a kid that there use to be a morning edition and late edition newspapers. Now it’s just a Sunday edition... soon to be no edition. At least it’s available online, which is better than nothing, and we have forums like this to enjoy... for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fralphog

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Video killed the radio star ? Yeah, it stinks that this type of media is dying or dead... newspapers, magazines, catalogs, etc., have been deemed antiquated. I remember as a kid that there use to be a morning edition and late edition newspapers. Now it’s just a Sunday edition... soon to be no edition. At least it’s available online, which is better than nothing, and we have forums like this to enjoy... for now.
And it wasn't Christmas until the Sears catalog came in.

• Haha
Reactions: STP and Capt Morgan

Alejo R.

Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Well, the material collected by Chris Keene is still online. It is not a magazine, they are not articles but they are 3000+ pages of catalogs of manufacturers and tobacconist. Just saying.

Reactions: anotherbob