PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
The past week it was Frog Morton in the B-C Black n' Red Apple Corsar and/or the Prince Albert/Double Eagle mix in an MM cob.
Also this past week it was Upslope Brown Ale and Full Sail LTD 5 Amber Ale. The Upslope didn't match well with the FM; which surprised me as it is a deeper/robust brown ale which I figured would pair up decent. The Full Sail LTD 5 was a much better match with FM and it's a sweeter/fruitier amber. Both beers were note-worthy however.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Walnut in my Dr. Grabow Viscount.

Pretty good. My first smoke in the pipe and I did not know Walnut was a latakia blend. I had thought it was a burley like PA or other OTCs I have tried. It was a pleasant surprise. Very light latakia blend and enjoyable.
PS Luxury Bullseye Flake in my Savinelli Bent Bob's.

I believe this was too moist as it kept going out and not wanting to relight. I finally dumped the bowl after about 10 minutes of wrestling with it.
Altadis Kentucky Blizzard in my Bent Bulldog Meerschaum.

Pretty good blend. I was in the mood for an Aro and decided why the hell not. I only smoke Aros in my meerschaums as they don't really ghost like a briar would. It also provides a very cool smoke. This has an interesting taste as so much is going on in the blend but it is pretty good. Not the best aromatic I have tried but not the worst.
(I tried to link these Kevin but I don't believe you have any of them in your review database)

Status
Not open for further replies.