PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Snuff can help you through the day, especially when you can’t smoke your pipe! I had a tooth out this week so had to leave the pipe alone for a couple of days. The odd pinch up the hooter was greatly appreciated.
Rows of Sharrow, I’ve been enjoying this week. Here’s an American gentleman trying his best to give a review in both English & Spanish.

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
I indulge from time to time, but since I live alone I can smoke whenever I want to.

I've had a thought rattling around in my head for years: Could I make an ersatz Lakeland by pressing some Virginia and/or burley with a floral snuff? Just a thought experiment for now.

Reactions: PipeWI
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
So far I’m liking it. May need to look at some other sent or flavors. The medicated may not be my cup of tea and unfortunately out of the 7 I bought the first go around only 1 is not “medicated “
I've never been a huge fan of menthol, so I've tried to avoid it (at least as a dominant scent) on my snuff explorations. So far, my favorites are:

- Fribourg & Treyer High Dry Toast
- Wilsons Ani Plus (Anise/Licorice)
- Wilsons Apri (Apricot)

Last edited:

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
Love the stuff, helped me get off cigarettes, have a wide range of flavours but do particularly like the Indian Snuffs, they are very high nicotine and difficult to take. It's very cheap to buy and I do have several pounds of my all time favourites which include Irish Hight Toast No.22, Irish High Dry Toast and Old Paris.

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
View attachment 252619

Mail Drop came in! I paid duty to Canada but it wasn’t bad so I accepted it. I think this will last me a while.

The McCrystals Aztec is tasty! Perfect to replace a cup of hot chocolate. I’m tempted to have my wife try it lol.

Nice haul, the Gekachelter Virginie is really nice but it needs to be transferred to glass to stop it drying out. The SG tap boxes do have a bit of a reputation for being a bit too dry so if you like any of them it is worth getting bigger 25g tin containers, they are fresher.

Call Me Late

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2021
Windsor Ontario
Nice haul, the Gekachelter Virginie is really nice but it needs to be transferred to glass to stop it drying out. The SG tap boxes do have a bit of a reputation for being a bit too dry so if you like any of them it is worth getting bigger 25g tin containers, they are fresher.

Thanks for the tip! Any suggestions for glass jar storage?