PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
German Black Forest schwartzwald gin. I think it’s overrated. It’s excellent and smooth don’t get me wrong but for the price you can get a Better English gin. These boutique gins are more like liquors or vodka lacking the ‘narcotic’ punch a good dry gin provides.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
German Black Forest schwartzwald gin. I think it’s overrated. It’s excellent and smooth don’t get me wrong but for the price you can get a Better English gin. These boutique gins are more like liquors or vodka lacking the ‘narcotic’ punch a good dry gin provides.
I am with you. Someone brought us some as a gift, and I've been unenthusiastic about drinking it. Leave me my beloved Plymouth and Botanist.

Aug 1, 2012
It's a beautiful gin but for the price it's not worth it. I really want to try their slough gin but nobody has it available and I don't think $50 is a good gamble to try it.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
It's a beautiful gin but for the price it's not worth it. I really want to try their slough gin but nobody has it available and I don't think $50 is a good gamble to try it.
lol the end of the crazy story which I left unmentioned in this vague topic is that this was all about rationalization - to elaborate there was a mishap involving a familial disagreement and altercation which rendered more than half contents of this $43 bottle 'down the drain' - granted as I had mentioned ,I wasn't as impressed with it overall so the loss was more about the blow to the wallet:cry: contemplated buying it again, but hey maybe not - likely try something else

singurhat

Lurker
May 10, 2022
In general, gin is a wonderful drink. Gin is a strong alcoholic drink that is made from fermented grain raw materials, which is then subjected to double distillation with juniper berries and other spices.

singurhat

Lurker
May 10, 2022
In general, gin is a wonderful drink. Gin is a strong alcoholic drink that is made from fermented grain raw materials, which is then subjected to double distillation with juniper berries and other spices. Undoubtedly, gin takes its place of honor in the bar classics, the proof of which is more than 10 cocktails in the small cocktail list of IBA. You can also buy personalized gin glasses for lovers of this drink using Gin Gifts - https://baliandboo.com/collections/gin-gifts . It will be a great gift. Think about it.