PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
I started out that way, now I've got 20 or so pipes, not counting cobs. But even with that many (which is modest compared to some) I find myself reaching for the same ones over and over...my 3 Dunhill estate pipes, a Northern Briars bulldog, a Caminetto 'Orange' Rhodesian and a Molina Rhodesian.

bpftc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2016
Harris is wrong about having more than 50 pipes indicating you may have an addiction known here abouts as PAD.

Bpftc, I would really like to to discuss his error on this subject more but I just had a massive urge to go buy another pipe. :mrgreen:
Ha. I get it. I have gotten into a lot of hobbies over the years, all of which came with a severe case of AD. I am trying to keep that from happening this time. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't destroying my pipes in the process.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
I am currently only smoking one briar pipe but that is because I just got into pipe smoking. I have a couple cobs on the way and am looking at getting made an XL freehand made by Mr. Boswell next month. I would love to have one for every day of the week!
Cheers,

Jared

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
I only have two recently I had bought an estate pipe, but I use my mm cob a lot, and it is turning colors, I plan to smoke it until it turns black.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
I have 20 or so pipes, but only 5 or 6 of them have passed the test of time and are my regular choice. There is a thing or two to be said regarding what we really need in the end of the day.

marcel

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2015
I have gotten into the habit of having two or three pipes and tobaccos at the two locations in my house that I smoke and will rotate those every two or three weeks.

This makes it easier to just pick up a pipe and smoke it without having to decide which pipe and tobacco to smoke out of my entire collection. I run a pipe cleaner through after every smoke but I also throughly clean them before I change the rotation.
I still on occasion get a pipe / tobacco combination that I want to try and will dig them out but I usually just keep with the rotation.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Every time I see a thread themed like this, I remember how, in my naivety, I thought 2, maybe 3 pipes should do very nicely. Those guys out there who buy 200 pipes or so just have too much money.
That was three years ago. My count is pushing 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.