PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
The stamp is ANB in an oval. Nothing else is stamped on the pipe. It was a gift from a friend who I believe also received it as a gift, so no history as to where it was purchased, etc. It's finished with some kind of funky shellac which has come off in various places. There's some nice grain. I should have it refinished.

IMG_8666.jpgIMG_8668.jpg

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
It's a shame to not know who made your pipe. There are a LOT of small time pipe makers who do get their own trademarking tool made, but they don't receive enough recognition to make it to Pipedia, Pipephil, nor to be discussed on forums. That pipe sure looks nice though.

Reactions: leonardbill1

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
I also checked "Who Made That Pipe" by Herb Wilczak and Tom Colwell, but to no avail. Nor did an internet search turn up anything. But I am going to take Chasing Embers up and give it a go on refinishing it myself. I've got a buffing wheel and various supplies that have worked for me in the past to restore pipes. I've never gone so far as to restain a pipe, but this wouldn't be a bad project for a first attempt. Guess we'll see how the acetone treatment works and go from there.