Anyone Know About This Restored Bulldog?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Here's my latest fixxer-upper from the box o estate pipes sent by Mother.
It was in ok shape, just a blackened and slightly misshapen rim, a stinger that had probably never been cleaned, and some nicks and scratches. I'm no authority on stingers, but this one seemed unusual. I guess it would come in handy if things got out of hand and you needed to shank a m*****f*****, as long as he was very small or you had a clean shot at an eyeball.
IMG_20201122_235233.jpg
IMG_20201122_235221.jpg
IMG_20201122_235248.jpg

I ended up sanding the whole thing and giving it a new coat of paint. I think it looks quite lovely, very nice grain.

IMG_20201123_150902.jpg

The only marking is on the shank, and I thought it said "Rossi". I was searching the web trying to figure out a date, and learned that the Rossi logo looks nothing like this one.

IMG_20201123_161608.jpg

If anyone knows what this is, please fill me in. I will report back to Mother with any findings. This will provide much needed reinforcement to my current first place position in the Machiavellian struggle against my sisters for the title of Favorite Child.

Reactions: buzkirk

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Looks like it is indeed Rossi. This is on pipephil:

View attachment 52557

I don't know why your stem is different but here's one for sale on fleabay in Italy:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I checked a couple places and didn't see anything about the script-style stamp. Maybe I should search a little better next time. ?
I'd like to figure out how old mine is, and what's up with that stinger.

Maybe mine doesn't have its original stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.