PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
The Toronto club is alive. Quite a few guys who have been quiet through the Wuhan stuff.
Send a couple emails, they’ll come out of hibernation.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
I'm in North Carolina and can't do a Toronto pipe club, but I really appreciate the city, a great walking city with a world class art museum, a fine river front, and much else. Welcome aboard.
I take it you haven't been in quite some time, It's fast turning into North Chicago, daily shootings and stabbings.

• Wow

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm from the Chicago area but not from a perilous neighborhood. My experiences in Toronto were pretty calm. When I went to Montreal for my 60th, there was a shooting at one of the university campuses, but at the time, it seemed like an anomaly, so at the time it didn't concern me personally; I enjoyed my time there. I'm sorry to hear things have gotten harder. When I was roving around Chicago as a high school and college student, and later on business, I ran into some difficult situations, but it wasn't like today. Chicago's a good city, resilient through hard times, and intensely vital. But is has always had a violent side, starting before Al Capone.

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
It is nothing like Chicago. I can walk in downtown Toronto at 3 AM. There is virtually no danger in this city compared to any American town. There are no bad neighborhoods there is always a mix of economic class. Not sure where you got your info from.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It is nothing like Chicago. I can walk in downtown Toronto at 3 AM. There is virtually no danger in this city compared to any American town. There are no bad neighborhoods there is always a mix of economic class. Not sure where you got your info from.
Agreed.

Sure there are some shootings like every other major city, but I'd hardly put it on par with a larger American city.

Toronto drivers on the other hand....

I'm just outside Toronto, which to someone from Toronto means Ontario.

• Haha

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Murder rate per 100,000 in 2019 in the U.S. Top 65 cities.

Chicago ranked #28 with 18.26 per 100,000
St. Louis was #1 with 64.54 per 100,000
Hampton Virginia ranked #65 with 11.26 per 100,000

I don't see anyone can compare Toronto to Chicago or any other U.S. city.

Papapaul

Lurker
Nov 21, 2021
I'm in Toronto! Would love to organize something or send something my way if you connect with some people!
Don't know anyone else, at the moment... I met a guy in Etobicoke, while getting out of the car with my pipe, and we talked about pipes for over an hour.

The guys in the Toronto Pipe Club are wonderful, but there hasn't been anything on for a while.

Let me know if you're interested in getting together. papapaul0566@gmail.com

Templekeeper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2023
Toronto
Getting on this conversation a bit late, but then again I just started this year. If anyone is organizing anything anytime soon, let me (and the rest of us) know!