Anyone In The U.S. Southeast Catch The Nasty Blast?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
N.C. got sideswiped by really mean destructive weather further south that claimed some fatalities. I woke up at about 6 a.m. to heavy rain and thunder. The rain stopped, and somehow the newspaper got here dry. I heard the reports from Tennessee and Georgia of tornados. As I was sighing my relief, the wind swooped down and opened my recycling cart out back with a resounding bang, like don't get complacent Buster. It was some kind of updraft to get under that cart lid. Everyone okay out there?

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The New Orleans area was supposed to get hit but it edged by about 40 miles to the north of us. All I saw was winds gusting up to about 30 mph.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Here in Sumter, SC we had trees down on roofs and into swimming pools. Power lines are down and grocery stores are having to throw out perishable foods. Roads are blocked from fallen trees and power lines. Me and the wife are okay, no damage to our house or property.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Large wind here but, we're still here.

However, 6 dead south of us. Laurel and west got hit pretty hard.

• Sad
Reactions: anotherbob

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was glad to see my kids in NOLA dodge that bullet. We had tornado warnings here (Western Maryland) but none touched down to my knowledge.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like all Forums members are present and accounted for. I hope the folks hit by the brunt of this recover and heal from their losses. A number of people were killed. Mississippi caught it badly.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Right where I live I just got high wind and a lot of rain.A lot of the area around me had damage..Trees down and power outages..I guess I was lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.