Anyone Have an Old Cornell & Diehl List from the Late 1990's?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

What was there mixture 968AP, was that "Pirate Kake"?

Last edited by a moderator:

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Jeepers, it’s all coming back now. I remember a phone conversation with Craig pertaining to a few of the Atlas blends, a few Hermit and Two Friends blends, and how I wanted all of them pressed....
He was good natured and as accommodating as he could be.
Wow, that was 20 some years ago now.....

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Craig brought my attention to Black Frigate. I miss being able to order directly from C&D prior to the Laudasi buyout. Used to get one pound bricks of Black Frigate for less than $30.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
OK 970 is Pirate Kake, then this may have been a variation on that, perhaps a touch less Latakia. Pisses me off that I was cleaning up a few weeks back and through out and old flyer from them. Google shows the current 968 to be Odessa, a Balkan Sobranie clone, but in the back of my head the AP meant something different.

I bought some directly from Craig in 1998 and just found 2 lbs in my cellar. It's certainly a Latakia, the room smells great through the sealed bag.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I ordered from them in the Morganton, N.C. days. I think they'd moved there from Pennsylvania. I never saw a catalog or list.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
OK, a friend from the HVPC, Dave Ruth used The Wayback Machine and found this from 1999.

968A is ORIENT EXPRESS, 1/2 Odessa and 1/2 Pirate Kake, and the P is for pressed.

Thanks Dave!
#968 Odessa Cavendish cut burley, Turkish, Latakia and Perique. Similar to the old Balkan Sobranie White.
#968A Orient Express 1/2 #968 and 1/2 #970 (unpressed). Designed to lessen the Latakia content of #970, but still a robust blend.
#969 Virginia Gentleman A unique combination of Virginias and Burleys with a slight touch of Turkish to add interest.
#970P Pirate Kake ( Pressed Only.) A smooth, robust blend with LOTS of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Cavendish Cut burley. This is the blend for the Latakia lover.

Status
Not open for further replies.