PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
My uncle owns a condo down there I've been once with the wife and we absolutely loved it beautiful area, we visited Ybor City and we sat in one of those cigar lounges and had a nice cigar with the best cafe de lechi Ive ever had.
I was wondering if there was a place there worth checking out with respects to pipe smoking i was planing on just bringing my pipe and buying tobacco there. There's no sense in me bringing pipe tobacco which was ordered from the states back to the states again I would much rather bring some back with me to Canada.
we are planing a trip there hopefully in a couple of months if all goes to plan.

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
I think Edwards still makes pipes someplace in Tampa. Maybe you can get a tour of their factory.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Definitely check out Edward's, which was profiled by Kevin a few years ago. I'd also recommend MJM Fine Cigars; talk to Michael McCarthy and ask about his blends--I was quite fond of "Easy Times", a VA/Burley/Cavendish. There's also the Cigar Cave, which has a 'superstore of cigar lounges' feel to it. And of course Ybor, which is just cigar heaven. There are actually a ton of tobacconists in the area, but with the landscape being dominated by strip malls they're easy to miss if you blink while driving by; you should have no trouble picking up a tin or a stick as you care to. Enjoy!

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Don't live there, but use to go vacationing with parents when I was younger, my Mom saw her last west coast Fla. sunset there before she died. We were there in 1988 while was recovering from menegitis that I had earlier in the month of July in 1988. Haven't been back since, but would love to retire there. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.