PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I tried again and got my own invented password entered, and here I am, although I do have the strange ability to muck up the smooth running. New site looks interesting. I'll try to get in step within my quill pen and parchment limits. Whole new look, for sure.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I changed my password, then flubbed it so many times that I got locked out. Waited a while then back in. I have changed my email address and finally added an avatar. Woohoo!

Reactions: bnichols23

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Sable, I'm not sure it's a secure site. In the address bar at the top of my screen, I see "Not secure" followed by pipesmagazine.com. When I click on "Not secure" I get the message"Your connection to this site is not secure".

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Couldn't reset the password form my phone but when I went to the computer all was well. It would have been nice if I could have kept my old password, though.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Sable, I'm not sure it's a secure site. In the address bar at the top of my screen, I see "Not secure" followed by pipesmagazine.com. When I click on "Not secure" I get the message"Your connection to this site is not secure".

The SSL / https:// will be coming soon. Maybe next month. Once we are sure things are stable here, and I add some other features / WordPress plugins, and everything still works, we will install SSL.

Aside from that, security regarding spammers, like deleting them and blocking are way better than before.

Previously, I was the only that could delete and block. Now, all of the mods can do that.

In addition, this platform detects them and quarantines the spam before any of you even see it. One already came in and was put into an approval que within the first hour we were live. It was deleted and never published.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the great feedback. Do you think we should start a "New Site - Question/Answer" thread?

Edit: Jaytex has already started a thread called "Tips and Tricks for New Site".

Last edited:

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I went through the Change Password process and was able to maintain my old password (and did it on my iPhone). Just chiming in in case others were interested. (y)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think the temporary passwords sent out, to be changed to your own password invention, are time specific. It took me a while to know to rush to log in. Now I have my own invented password, that is somewhat memorable and written down too, so I'm better off than on the old site where I just used the one issued to me, a cluster of random strokes. I'm sort of like a squirrel trying to use a digital device, amazed to be here.

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
Easy reset on my end. Loving the new site as I smoke some HH Burley Flake.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
The SSL / https:// will be coming soon. Maybe next month. Once we are sure things are stable here, and I add some other features / WordPress plugins, and everything still works, we will install SSL.

Aside from that, security regarding spammers, like deleting them and blocking are way better than before.

Previously, I was the only that could delete and block. Now, all of the mods can do that.

In addition, this platform detects them and quarantines the spam before any of you even see it. One already came in and was put into an approval que within the first hour we were live. It was deleted and never published.

SUPER MODERATORS!!!!! MUAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.