Anyone Actually Like the Big Ben Tattoo?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Not that I would ever have one of these, but the bowl size is a tad over 1” deep and .7” wide, which is about the same dimensions as most if Nordings pipes and a few other makers. So, it’s not really a small bowl, just looks like a paraphernalia pipe.

You could smoke pipe tobacco in one of these when "blending in" with the hip crowd - everyone will think you're smoking "herbs" ;)

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Yeh, where I am, the cops still bash pothead skulls. Pot still aint cool down here.
I was talking with a friend who was on medications which gave him side-effects.
He had the shakes and a (slight) loss of balance but laughed and said "the cool thing is when I'm at a party and people come up to ask him "what shit" he was on ? rotf

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
A tiny bit of paint chipped from the plastic . . . .
Is the pink part made out of plastic?

I don't know if I like it or not, I've got to think about it. Never seen anything like it (bigger than pipes I had in the 70's from head shops and more colorful). I kinda like the color, though :)

I actually thought the thread was about tattoos. LOL As for tattoos, does anyone like me with 45 plus year old ink NOT think the faded ones look like bird droppings :))) LOL (no offense intended--I wear about half dozen old ones, depending on how they're counted -- and they sure do fade and look like stretched silly putty that's played with :)

I wonder about smoking painted pipes?
kindly
mike

Reactions: Friendly Piper

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I wonder how it smokes. I do like the idea of a clay that isn't as prone to damage. Though I'd feel funny smoking it in public. But it fits a need however small and it seems like it should be functional.
You'd feel funny smoking that in public? I bet you'd get less looks with that pipe than a traditional looking briar. At least in my town.

Aug 11, 2023
I'll stick to my Vauen Quixx, TYVM.

Not that it's ever seen much use. Yea, although it's made for tobacco, it looks too small that I'm leery of smoking it whilst driving.
Same form factor, different materials. Stylish. Does this bowl shape have a particular name? (pardon me, I have no idea how to multi quote)

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Not that I would ever have one of these, but the bowl size is a tad over 1” deep and .7” wide, which is about the same dimensions as most if Nordings pipes and a few other makers. So, it’s not really a small bowl, just looks like a paraphernalia pipe.
Yeah, these pipes frequently come up in my searches because the chamber size is about right for me. And if someone told me they were based on some mid-century modern travel pipe, I'd probably believe them. But there are lots of other pipes I'd buy before one. :)

Aug 11, 2023
Is the pink part made out of plastic?

I don't know if I like it or not, I've got to think about it. Never seen anything like it (bigger than pipes I had in the 70's from head shops and more colorful). I kinda like the color, though :)

I actually thought the thread was about tattoos. LOL As for tattoos, does anyone like me with 45 plus year old ink NOT think the faded ones look like bird droppings :))) LOL (no offense intended--I wear about half dozen old ones, depending on how they're counted -- and they sure do fade and look like stretched silly putty that's played with :)

I wonder about smoking painted pipes?
kindly
mike

The red part is indeed plastic. However, that's only the exterior. The bowl itself, and the interior right up to the mouthpiece appear to be white clay

WHAT are your tattoos like? Are they 'Ignorant Style' tattoos, like those by Fuzi Uvtpk? 🤪

I'm not certain about painting the exterior of pipes. I know I have seen some full bent clay pipe bowls that are sorta Jackson Pollock. But I don't think the paint is exterior. I think it may actually be apart of the firing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.