Any Toscano Fans?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jazz

Preferred Member
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Seriously?! I've put 1792 in my top 5 from the first puff.
Oh yes, seriously. Actually, I very nearly bought another tin during my order last night just to see my friends reaction as he has never encountered it before. It's also been years since I had the shock of it although I can't for the life of me think of a pipe I would be willing to put it in again.

Reactions: danimalia

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Cutty Meer. I have a few and they are designed to smoke small cigars as they did long ago. Age of the ones I have are late 1800's or early 1900's.
Gorgeous pieces indeed. And how can I find one? Ebay or any specific retailer that you are aware of?

danimalia

Preferred Member
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I don't find Toscanos particularly bitter either. Maybe a bit "toasty" but I find it goes well with the semi-sweet smokey flavor. Of course, I also like 1792 a lot too!

Interesting regarding people's reactions on the street. DFK is pretty pungent, and combined with the smoke volume of a cigar, may have offended some noses. They'll live. As long as you weren't puffing away in the athsma ward of the children's hospital... :LOL:

Ryszard

Sep 5, 2019
Europe
I love toscanos - for an all-day casual smoke I like the lighter Garibaldis best, before bed or after a heavy meal I prefer the stronger Classicos. I usually feel tired after the Classicos, hence I reserve them for those moments.

Reactions: danimalia

paulie66scandinavian

Preferred Member
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I love toscanos - for an all-day casual smoke I like the lighter Garibaldis best, before bed or after a heavy meal I prefer the stronger Classicos. I usually feel tired after the Classicos, hence I reserve them for those moments.
If possible, You may want giving a try for Toscano Antiquas, those have quite a much deeper yet rounder taste