PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When you are in Newport, make sure you get some clear chowda, R.I is famous for it and it is awesome. If you have never been there, the mansion tours are really interesting. My favorites are the Breakers and The Marble House. The Ocean Walk is also really cool. I lived about 20 miles from Newport when I lived in R.I and used to go there on a regular basis. There is a tobacco store called The Humidor that used to have a pretty decent amount of pipes and pipe tobacco, not sure what they have now since the tobacco tax went nuts. If you go in there and see an older woman named Donna, tell her Harris said hi.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My pleasure Jonsee. Here is a list of some of my favorite places to eat in Newport. Hope you have a great time while you are there.
Castle Hill Inn, incredible views and some of the best Eggs Benedict I have ever had. I like the one that has crab cakes instead of the Canadian Bacon.
Aquideck Lobster Co, great lobsta and chowda( clear only)
Scales & Shells, great all around seafood joint.
Brickyard Pug for lunch and a burger, do not try their ridiculous hot wings, they make you sign a waiver to eat them. Did it once, never again.
There are a lot of tourist traps there as one would expect. Christies and The Mooring are a couple of the most well known ones.
If you feel like taking a road trip to Providence, check out Federal Hill for Italian food, some of the best anywhere. My favorites there are Camille's and Joe Marzilli's Old Canteen. It is about a 30 minute ride to Providence from Newport.

Status
Not open for further replies.