PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
Buying, selling, trading, and shooting firearms has been my main passion my entire life. I've hunted North America and some internationally. Centerfire rifles are my primary interest although I also love big bore revolvers and .22s (rifles and handguns). I have a CCL and my main carry piece is a Sig P220 Carry .45 ACP but I occasionally carry my Walther PPK .380, CZ-75 9mm, and my little Smith Mdl. 36 .38 Spl.
What are you packing?

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
For CC isn't the CZ-75 a tad big and heavy? I mean compared to the PPK it's 1911 big, no?

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
For CC isn't the CZ-75 a tad big and heavy? I mean compared to the PPK it's 1911 big, no?
The CZ is all steel and large and I should qualify how I carry it, most of the time it resides next to my leg between the truck seats (I own a business and spend a lot of my time on the road doing sales calls in questionable areas). I LOVE the CZ because it is so reliable and dead nuts accurate, wonderful pistol.
The PPK carries like a dream, put it in your pocket or into a holster, I use an inside the belt holster that I clip inside my pants in the small of my back or sometimes just keep it in my pocket. It's amazingly accurate for a pocket pistol, I'm guessing because of the fixed barrel.
The Sig is Commander size and carries well with a shirt or jacket over the holster, it holds 8 rounds of .45 ACP in the mag and one in the chamber and gives me a good feeling when I carry it, I never feel under-gunned.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Most of the time I carry a Springfield XD-S in .45 for everyday carry. Small, lightweight, and powerful. To the range and teaching I am packing a Glock 19 9mm or Glock 29SF 10mm. Sometime I will carry my custom Les Baer 1911 in .45. It gets pretty heavy over the whole day though. In the woods and hunting I carry a Glock 20SF in 10mm.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I have a few and shoot them several times throughout the year... I'm not sure if that makes me a "gun guy"

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I don't carry, but I do own... and I do shoot occasionally. Mostly smallbore (.22) and pistol (.22, .38s, .45), though I do have a shotgun as well.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I live in the Peoples Republik of New Jersey so our government does not believe that a former active duty Marine that spent a year in Operation Desert Storm is responsible enough to carry a concealed weapon, nor any other good, mentally stable, law abiding citizen.
I have guns, I shoot guns, I LOVE guns, but being a subject of the draconian laws of this state I don't think I am allowed to admit that.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Lifetime shooter and student of shooting, particularly defensive shooting, and have had the chance to train with some top guys. I hunted a lot as a younger man, but not for a while now. Avid IDPA shooter and SO (I've gotten to SO some nifty matches, including the inaugural World Match). Have shot other competetive disciplines inlcuding three gun and USPSA.
I represent a couple of firearms related companies in my practice, as well. (Note my avatar.)
I'm a history buff and so have spent a good bit of time on the history of arms, including firearms.
I deal with issues of liberty and self-defense a lot at my blog, Suburban Sheepdog, where I have also written a lot about guns. (Hope you'll visit and read some of those posts.)
I made sure that every gun reference in my novel was precisely correct, because nothing makes me more nuts than ". . . he flicked of the safety on his Smith & Wesson revolver. . . "
I own a a fair number of firearms including -- and this may seem odd to some -- no fewer than three Glock 19s, which is my EDC.
So yeah, a gun guy.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I am an old man and when I venture off the farm I am armed, lived too long to let some snot nose kid do me in. They may get me but they gonna pay I garronte!
89DC10AB-3254-4B2E-9BBD-40272F9BA9CE-90704-000069C31B75808B_zpsd117f6fd.jpg
My Triple threat Brous blade in Kydex sheath at small of back as backup.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Bradley,
I have one of Jason's Silent Soldier Rangers for deep carry. They are very good knives. What kydex are you using? A clip-in?

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Up here in Kanuckastan my CC is a swiss army champ. My truck gun is an old school H&R topper in .223 and my hunting rifle is a H&R Handi in 30-06.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Like any good Texan, I like me some guns :)
I have several pistols. Kimber CDP II Custom is kind of my go to though I keep a Glock 19 Gen 4 on me more often due to capacity and ease of carry. My fun pistol to shoot is S&W 686+ 4" stainless finish. Also a fan of the AR platform. Have a new project rifle in the works that I'm building out to be more for target shooting. Slowly piecing that one together as time and money permits.
My wife is a much better shot that I am. She also serves as Executive Director of A Girl and A Gun Women's shooting league. They had a cool feature on the front page of CNN this morning! I get to accompany her to various events which means I occasionally get to play with some pretty cool toys.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
My CCW is a Taurus Model 85 and my home defense / backcountry carry is a Mossberg 500

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Shooting has been a passion with me since summer camp. The camp was sponsored by the DCM with a wonderful range of .22's from youth rifles up to the heavy Winchester and Mossberg target rifles. And all the ammo that we could shoot. My high school also had a rifle team, one of the things that got me through those oppressive times. Later on, I developed a passion for Finn Mosins and hosted the first ever web site dedicated to them. Later additions included trapdoors and Eastern European vintage handguns, ala the Czech semi-auto pocket pistols made between the wars, on up to the CZ-52. Then I got into NRA/CMP High Power, and won my share of medals at Perry.
As of late, I just plink in the back yard, and set off tannerite in gallon paint cans.
Oh, and CondorLover gifted me a very nice Colt Walker, which has rekindled my interest in BP....
IMG_5513-vi.jpg

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Sold most of my favs, but now sawed off side by side 12G, glock 23 4, S&W model 19 357, ruger lcp, & have the urge. :crazy:

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
Woodsroad thats a lot of tannerite to shoot at. Thats got to make one impressive boom!

Status
Not open for further replies.