PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I never heard of this tobacco blend before today. It's the same tobacco that they make Black and Mild Wine Cigars with. I think the wine thing is just one of the flavors they make. If there is any interest, I could get 30 lbs. of the stuff from a private owner. :?:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Aren't black and mild those little tipped cigars that use homogenized tobacco rather than whole leaf tobacco?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
If?? I am correct, on those cigars the wrapper and binder are homogenized tobacco. The tobacco itself should be just that, tobacco.The quality of the tobacco and topping,I have no idea...

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Homogenized tobacco is basically tobacco pieces that have been more or less pasted back together into a sheet.
If?? I am correct, on those cigars the wrapper and binder are homogenized tobacco. The tobacco itself should be just that, tobacco.
This is more than likely true. Thank you for making the proper distinction.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
What you would be buying is 30 pounds of middletons pipe tobacco. I would pass.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
The Black and Mild pipe tobacco was discontinued about a year ago, and extremely poorly reviewed.
If it is actually the tobacco used in the Black and Mild cigars, it would be an extremely poor choice in a pipe, as Black and Mild cigars burn fast and hot!
HTL (homogized tobacco leaf) is basically scraps of tobacco ground to a paste, chemicals added, sprayed into a paper format, and then shredded to form a tobacco like product. It's basically regarded as the lowest quality of tobacco available.

Status
Not open for further replies.