Any Hotels Allow Smoking......ANYWHERE ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
In Delaware on Route 202 North bound there is the SureStay Brandywine hotel.They have smoking rooms,but there are also creepy people walking about at night,who may appear out of nowhere ask you for a light,or for a few dollars.If you should happen to choose this "Property",there is a Pizza Grotto restaurant a short walk away,and is actually pretty good.For breakfast,there is a diner next door which is excellent in food and service.To bad the hotel is not up there,too.I've stayed there two times over the past 10 years,but the last time was the last time

Reactions: jpmcwjr

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
I spend most of my travels in metropolitan cities here in the USA, so forget about any indoor smoking in any public place. If you can find a biker type bar with outdoor space outside of a large city, some do have spaces for smoking, 90% which are cigars. Just remember, wherever they allow smoking, you're likely to have to deal with cigarettes. For me, that ruins my pipe smoking experience. Good luck.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Seems like most hotels have outdoor areas that could be set up with a bench or two, under an outdoor cover for rain if possible, a little something. Some non-smokers might want it too, for the air, with or maybe without smokers present. It would probably get more use than the little fitness areas that are rarely used, so far as I can see. Vassar College had nice outdoor tables with ash trays at their guest lodgings; I was attending a wedding, have no connection with Vassar but the groom's family did. Nice, low key, for anyone who wants to sit outside, ash trays provided.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I spend most of my travels in metropolitan cities here in the USA, so forget about any indoor smoking in any public place. If you can find a biker type bar with outdoor space outside of a large city, some do have spaces for smoking, 90% which are cigars. Just remember, wherever they allow smoking, you're likely to have to deal with cigarettes. For me, that ruins my pipe smoking experience. Good luck.

Just out of total curiosity.. how does other people smoking cigarettes ruin your pipe smoking?

The lack of tolerance for the next guy is the reason you can't find a place to smoke your pipe...

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Las Vegas,can request smoking floor
I get a room on the smoking floor at the Palace Station when I go for the pipe show but it's mostly 420 that you smell since they renovated the place. The place in Newark that we have the NY Pipe Show has a small block of unpublished smoking rooms at the end of the hall and we've got a nice place with smoking rooms that we stay at near STL when we go to the pipe show in the spring. ?

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
If you stay at the "host hotel - the Omni in downtown Richmond" for the CORPS/SUTLIFF PIPE SMOKER'S GATHERING, 2-3 October, there will be a "smoking patio" reserved outside for all!