PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Glad to see that your callsign was issued in short order. With the FCC's ULS it generally takes only a few days for ham licenses to be issued nowadays. I remember waiting several weeks for my ticket back in 1969 when it was a manual process at the commission and you had to wait for the mailman to bring your ticket. Seemed like an eternity for a teenager!

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
My modest station...
20161115_162611_zps9kpqmsjv.jpg

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
It doesn't take much to get on the air and become active. I don't know if you suffer from PAD, but you will soon begin to feel the effects of RAD.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I did an awful lot of short wave radio listening as a kid and collected QSL cards from radio stations all over the world...I still have them somewhere along with a couple of valve (tube) receivers.
When it came to listening in on amateur radio enthusiast's conversations though it got really boring. Two total strangers talking for hours on end about absolutely nothing :crazy:
Regards,
Jay.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
When it came to listening in on amateur radio enthusiast's conversations though it got really boring. Two total strangers talking for hours on end about absolutely nothing :crazy:

There's much more to ham radio than that, but I certainly get your point about boring, pointless conversations. It would be much more exciting if we conversed about what music goes best with aromatics, whether anyone else's nose hairs seem to grow out of control when we smoke VaPers, what color socks we wear when smoking Latakia blends, etc. I'm sure you get my drift. :roll:

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Thanks Martin! I got to talk on it for the first time last night. I was on a net that stretched from Texarkana to Abiline- that was wild for me! I still have lots to learn and gear to buy; oh where to start?

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
KG5QDZ! I have been goofing that up all week! That and KD5...
It is one of the reasons I stenciled the notebook hahaha!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I'm sure you get my drift."
Radio, I too find those threads to be the epitome of banality...hence I never take part in such, also perhaps why I never switched from SWL to 'ham' status.
But of course, one man's meat...
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.