PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Yes..I'm a great man, and I'm currently smoking a cob.
You're welcome. :puffy:
Gen. Douglass McArthur did too, and I think he may have done a few significant things.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
During WWII, different world leaders adopted a signature smoking habit -- Churchill's cigars, Stalin's pipe,

FDR's cigarette holder, McArthur's tall corn cob pipe (which may have only been a prop, but anyway). Hitler

notbly was adamantly anti-smoking, so draw your own conclusions. I feel certain Samuel Clemens/Mark

Twain enjoyed a corn cob pipe along with his briars and cigars. I bet the Missouri Meerschaum people have

a hall of fame of pipe smokers who enjoyed cob pipes.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
tbkdTfV.png

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most of the Forums members smoke cobs, and they're all great guys and gals.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
David Akeman old Strigbean from Hee-Haw and the Grand Ole Opry! One of the best banjo players. Poor guy and wife were murdered in rural Tenn. because rumors were he kept large sums of cash in the walls of his home, but there were none! Sad story! :crying:

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Mark Twain as others have mentioned was a fan of the corn cob pipe. It was said that he didn't like to smoke a new cob pipe and would actually pay folks to smoke and break in his pipes for him. He'd then replace the cane stem with a new stem and enjoy the "broken-in" cobs.
If you grow wheat just to get the chaff, you're crazy...but if you grow corn to get the cob you're smart. - Mark Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.