PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Just picked this up at a local antique store (along with a Peterson system 307) it's stamped St.Claude and smokes real nice. Does anyone know much about this pipe?
photo0427-600x450.jpg

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Love it!
Give that baby a good clean up, and if she smokes well, you'll have one smart looking pie there!
Big congrats on your PAD!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That region produced more pipes than any other place in the world, so it's hard to say. Here's a related thread on St. Claude.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/a-little-saint-claude-france-history

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
On that ssjones link, my link on the thread doesn't work, but if you scroll down to Cosmic's link, it does work and you can read and print the article (if you want). It's a reminder of how central France's roll in pipe making is. France is the cradle of the briar pipe and still a driving force.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
No, he's a hell of an artisan. His name is Jean Masson. Well found, sir. Some of us prefer the French pipe. Pm me if you don't love it.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Oh I love it for sure, Its light, easy to clench and smokes like a champ. The ONLY thing I would change is the option for a filter. I paid $35 Canadian.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Well done, sir. French handmade are hard to beat. Let me know if you'd like to deal. Otherwise, great find, and enjoy a wonderful pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.