PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesandPups

Lurker
Sep 8, 2022
Is there any interest/desire to restart TAPS? are there people to contact to initiate a “test” meeting to gauge interest? It seems downright unfortunate that a place as steeped in tobbaciana history doesn’t have a local pipe club. I don’t think I’m the right person to take the initiative, as I have no history or local knowledge of how it’s been in the past, but I’ll gladly regularly attend meetings if they return.

Jan 18, 2023
Is there any interest/desire to restart TAPS? are there people to contact to initiate a “test” meeting to gauge interest? It seems downright unfortunate that a place as steeped in tobbaciana history doesn’t have a local pipe club. I don’t think I’m the right person to take the initiative, as I have no history or local knowledge of how it’s been in the past, but I’ll gladly regularly attend meetings if they return.
Not TAPS specifically but I was wanting to start a club that met minimum twice a month. One at Apex and one meeting at Ansteads in Fayetteville call it something like Piedmont Pipe smokers Association or something. My goal doing that way is to cover a wider area and get more folk interested in the hobby. I'm only 7 months in, but I bought my first pipe at a TAPs like a decade ago. I don't think that crew will be coming back and with our history in tobacco it would be a shame to not have a club again and hopefully put on shows. I haven't the slightest clue as to how to start a club or to manage one. But I would love to get over my crippling anxiety and stop smoking alone.

Pipingntrucking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2022
Zebulon-JoCo NC
Not TAPS specifically but I was wanting to start a club that met minimum twice a month. One at Apex and one meeting at Ansteads in Fayetteville call it something like Piedmont Pipe smokers Association or something. My goal doing that way is to cover a wider area and get more folk interested in the hobby. I'm only 7 months in, but I bought my first pipe at a TAPs like a decade ago. I don't think that crew will be coming back and with our history in tobacco it would be a shame to not have a club again and hopefully put on shows. I haven't the slightest clue as to how to start a club or to manage one. But I would love to get over my crippling anxiety and stop smoking alone.
Starting clubs...not that hard, maintaining and organizing for the long haul- bigger beast. I'd become part of one if there was one but my schedule doesn't allow much for practical schedule at popular times.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Just set time and go smoke. No need for club or organization. Pick a place and tell everyone you'll be there and those who has time will show up. Brewpubs usually work. They have outdoor patio and no one complaints. Drink a pint or so and waitress will be happy. When my friends get together, we usually end up at Lonerider. Usually we smoke cigars. Smoked pipe few times.

Jan 18, 2023
Just set time and go smoke. No need for club or organization. Pick a place and tell everyone you'll be there and those who has time will show up. Brewpubs usually work. They have outdoor patio and no one complaints. Drink a pint or so and waitress will be happy. When my friends get together, we usually end up at Lonerider. Usually we smoke cigars. Smoked pipe few times.
I mean that's cool if you have friends and are networked. I however have no friends local and I'm not networked, I don't know what is what and who is who. I wanna start a club, a monthly gathering of smokers. I'm sure there is interest and holding a club gathering at 2 locations will afford people from two areas to join in allowing greater access and times. atleast i hope so.