PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
There is one. But not sure if it's active due to COVID-19.
It has been inactive for almost two years. The website was finally updated and states that meetings should resume this spring.

coletrain4vt

Lurker
Nov 16, 2022
Hillsborough NC
I too am looking forward to the Triangle Area Pipe Smokers starting back up. Took up pipes as a pandemic hobby and haven't had the experience of smoking with others in the area. Pipes by George is an interesting place and I can see a lot of history in it, but honestly it was underwhelming based on other tobacconists I've visited.
I really hope they start back up as I've been looking for a group around the triangle for a couple of years now.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I’m in Chapel hill and don’t want to drive to Raleigh at least regularly. Anyone in Durham, Chapel hill, or Carrboro area want to get together for a smoke or several? Of course all towns are welcome if willing to drive :) there is a cigar chop here that has some pipe goods, owner doesn’t know much about pipes, he’s a cigar guy, but a very good dude. I do like Pipes by George and would be willing to travel to Raleigh once in a while. His tins sure are marked up, I guess B&Ms have to do that to survive, I always buy a tin when I go.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
TAPS hosted an excellent regional pipe show over some years before Covid, in April at the N.C. Fairgrounds on Blue Ridge Road. The last two years before it suspended the show, it moved to a larger venue, a larger building on the Fairgrounds. It always had plenty of parking and an ample smoking area. It attracted exhibitors from all over the country including smoking pipes.com and blenders like Sutliff, C&D, and at least one year jiminkis was there with Edward G. Robinson samples and tins for sale.

The show attracted a good crowd. They had raffles with great pipes, goodie bags with tins of blends, and one year I received the last of the Missouri Meerschaum feed caps which I wear regularly.

They had a full venue of tables that deserved at least two rounds of shopping. You had to plan and budget carefully. The temptations were many.

PipesandPups

Lurker
Sep 8, 2022
TAPS hosted an excellent regional pipe show over some years before Covid, in April at the N.C. Fairgrounds on Blue Ridge Road. The last two years before it suspended the show, it moved to a larger venue, a larger building on the Fairgrounds. It always had plenty of parking and an ample smoking area. It attracted exhibitors from all over the country including smoking pipes.com and blenders like Sutliff, C&D, and at least one year jiminkis was there with Edward G. Robinson samples and tins for sale.

The show attracted a good crowd. They had raffles with great pipes, goodie bags with tins of blends, and one year I received the last of the Missouri Meerschaum feed caps which I wear regularly.

They had a full venue of tables that deserved at least two rounds of shopping. You had to plan and budget carefully. The temptations were many.
Awww don’t tempt me with what I missed! Pipes were my Covid start-up hobby and I’ve gotten in deep. Hope both the pipe show and TAPS start up again very soon. Over in Durham not many places to partake publicly, but at least I have a great backyard.