PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Smoking about 2 cigars a day I was looking for an affordable alternative for a daily smoke and save some of my more expensive cigars for a special occasion. I think most of these are long fillers but what is a mixed filler? Here is the deal I found:

I have noticed the difference between cheaper cigars and more expensive ones. I was a little disappointed in the Romeo y Julieta reserve I smoked today, I bouight a box of those and most of them have had a tight draw.

I think this bundle would be good to try out some different brands anyhow though they are on the cheaper side.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you are discerning, probably not so good. If you like a what used to be a newsstand cigar at a low price, might be a good deal. It's a bet, and you might get a few winners in the lot, if you can smoke the others without disgust.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Mixed filler is a 'Cuban sandwich' -- a combo of long and short fillers. You really don't want that unless you happen to enjoy mediocre machine-made sticks. They're just not good quality.
For a good bargain, try the La Aurora 1495 Brazil '15 Minute Break.' Famous has them for $49 per box of 20. Great construction and flavor for $2.45/ea. And definitely a longer smoke than 15 minutes -- more like 30-40, for me at least.
Or L'Atelier Travailleurs at $3 bucks a pop.

Reactions: Akousticplyr

odobenus

Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Or fuck it, you can usually find Partagas Habaneros (or similar) for $83 per box of 25 ($3.32/ea). That's cheaper than coffee.

Reactions: BROBS

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Well maybe I made a mistake buying these, we will see... live and learn... and i wouldnt mind spending 85 bucks on a box I think thats how much the Sanch Panza are that I have been smoking... not as good as some but decent...

also looking at Perdomo Fresco, has anyone tried these?

Sonorisis

Dec 24, 2019
Nothing worth your time or money in that mess!!! If you are tight for cash, get some machine made Fuente's. Great tobacco in an automated cigar.

Reactions: carcosa and Bengel
I mostly smoke budget cigars. Here is a few favorites

1. 601 Blue Label Maduro - I think most 601 series cigars are fantastic. I bought a box of Blue Labels and they have been fabulous.
2. NUB Maduro - I think NUBs are fantastic budget smokes, specially the Maduro.
3. Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut - Taste wise great. But faced too many construction issues

Reactions: Bengel and carcosa

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
I do have some decent cigars in my collection, generally bought in groups of 5:

5 Padron 4000 natural,
5 tatuaje habana vi,
1 tatuaje reserva gran cojonu,
27 romeo y julieta reserve and
5 romeo,
5 perdomo habano bourbon,
5 camacho triple maduro,
1 cohiba black,
10 trinidad sanntiago,
3 java,
8 san lotano...
40 Sancho Panza exra fuerte
20 Villizon maduro

i do smoke 2 or 3 cigars a day so i dont want to go through these too fast...

might smoke that tatuaje reserva to celebrate my friends first child

Last edited:

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Both Torano Noventa and Nica Libre can be bought in boxes for about $3-$3.25/stick depending on size. They're nothing fancy or complex but solid and tasty.

Also, CI has some build-your-own samplers that will put you in the same price range.

Reactions: Bengel

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
On Cigar Bid, you can find a very high quality house blend for it's parent company - Nica Libre. It is a nice dark Maduro with a San Andres wrapper. Excellent prices and a premium cigar by AJ Fernandez. No need to say more.

Status
Not open for further replies.