Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I actually like the name a lot, though not at first. It's definitely grown on me. I'm thankful it's not an infantile name like Raptors or Wild, and it has nothing to do with politics or logging which is the usual thing that always comes up with Ottawa. It's simple, but it works. It translates well into French, which will appeal to the Quebec side and should sell them more tickets.
The stadium is going to be phenomenal too, as they are redeveloping all of Lansdowne. Long overdue. I may have mentioned this here before, but the last Renegades game I went to was highlighted by a swarm of bees attacking our section in the South Side stands.
Hate away... 8)

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Blueeyedogre,

If you're out and about at Grey Cup festivities tomorrow, come by the Mosaic Underground Tent.

My rock band is playing there.
The city is going to be crazy this weekend.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Riders for the win! Blowout win really. So awesome to see them win it on home turf and everything, Durant finally got his cup he's been jipped out of two previous times.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
The city was crazy this week.

Apparently Tom Hanks was wearing a Riders toque at the game.

tumblr_mwsgfsc8lb1qaepjeo1_1280-450x600.jpg

Martin Short is a Hamilton boy.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I wonder why Tom Hanks was at the game anyway . . .
Looks like they are friends out to see a football game.
Actor and comedian Martin Short, a Hamilton native, was on hand cheering on his hometown Ticats in what turned out to be a resounding Saskatchewan Roughriders win. And he brought some rare American star power to the CFL with his friend Tom Hanks.
Hanks and Short — along with sons Colin Hanks, an actor, and Oliver Short, who works for Warner Bros. — spoke with TSN before taking in game, giving Hanks a chance to recount his history with the CFL.
Hanks, from California, said he had been a CFL fan since the days of the Montreal Concordes, who rebranded themselves the Alouettes in 1986 before folding in 1987. He said he had become a Ticats fan through Short, and the two performed the “Oskee Wee Wee” chant with Pigskin Pete before the game.
Tom Hanks is here because he's a buddy of Hamilton's Martin Short, and says has been trying to figure out why they're called the Tiger-Cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.