PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbz13

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2013
My cousin hunts with a bunch of our buddies from the mountains- I really want to go sooner or later but haven't yet.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Moose, caribou, elk, deer....damned gophers and a couple computer monitors....but never bear. Never bare either, for that matter lol!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
They cancelled the spring bear hunt here in Ontario about five years ago now. It's a wait till a bleeding heart liberal anti get's eaten and then they will re-instate again so I have something to shoot other than turkey in the spring. In the meantime the black dog and I are working on polish for duck season.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Damb that's crazy! Of course our government does not allow bow hunters to carry a gun during bow season so in a case like this these guys are on their own to get eaten. I guess MNR believes if you risk going out hunting and can't get your bow up in time you deserve to get eaten. Thats a story to tell your kids about!

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Well I like bears. They are being forced out of their natural ground

in some parts of Florida. Panther also. Rattlesnakes, well they are history here.

So this is what I am getting to. Hugging a Bear and say go in Peace.

Joe

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
So in watching this video again and keeping in mind I'm a hunter and make no apologies for that, several things come to mind. The first is how much I disagree with bait pile hunting. Yes I get the reasons why but it's just a personal choice thing. The second is given that nature just gave them a pass i think I would have called it a day and not taken the bear. Sometimes not taking the shot makes you more of a man than taking it.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
piper12, I am also a hunter but have never gotten a chance to hunt bear but if I was to hunt it would definately be over a bait with my bow rather than running one down with dogs that I do not find much sport in.

JMO

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
05venturer yep I agree to each his own it is a legal hunting method so i take no exception that way up here though the guys get bacon fat and lard and day old donuts i mean come on.... I would come for those smells too! Like you said to each his own. Still would have given the bear a pass and though i was the one who dodged a bullet. Kinda like bad juju for the next hunt lol but I'm stupid that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.