PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
There is a UK law that restricts shipping of 'drug paraphernalia'. After going round and round with the GSP help desk, they finally told me that Pitney-Bowes is calling smoking pipes 'drug paraphernalia'. That is the loophole that they use to steal them and then re-sell. I had 5 pipes stolen by them last Fall, and when they showed up on ebay again, I contacted the seller ( thefactoryoutletstore), described to her what had happened, and tried to buy them. What did she do? She blocked me.

Now I avoid UK sellers who use GSP, but on two occasions I really wanted the pipe, so I did what you are suggesting, and they shipped Royal Mail, skipping GSP.
Yep - good way to get the message across. Years ago, I stopped buying from any seller that used Purolator - a huge hastle at the time for receiving shipments in Canada. Quite a few sellers seem to have gotten the message. Hopefully this will be the case here.

Tigergrad03

Lurker
Jun 6, 2024
Tulsa Oklahoma
There is a UK law that restricts shipping of 'drug paraphernalia'. After going round and round with the GSP help desk, they finally told me that Pitney-Bowes is calling smoking pipes 'drug paraphernalia'. That is the loophole that they use to steal them and then re-sell. I had 5 pipes stolen by them last Fall, and when they showed up on ebay again, I contacted the seller ( thefactoryoutletstore), described to her what had happened, and tried to buy them. What did she do? She blocked me.

Now I avoid UK sellers who use GSP, but on two occasions I really wanted the pipe, so I did what you are suggesting, and they shipped Royal Mail, skipping GSP.
Who is she?