PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I have way more than my quota of Marxman pipes, styled for the rugged outdoor man of action.

And if I spent all my time around hairy legged boys outdoors then I’d be happy to smoke nothing except pre 54 Marxman pipes. I’d usually have a more rustic pipe than my buddies.

But for the third pipe in a row I’ve got an excellent, beautiful Algerian pipe, for $49 total plus shipping and taxes, about another $20 total.

$10 LHS silver band second

IMG_6485.jpeg

$19 Victors Hand Made Algerian

IMG_6491.jpeg

$20 Jon’s Special Algerian

IMG_6496.jpeg

The $10 one is the best of an excellent trio, and the best smoker I own yet, period.

Lookit the grain on this last one I got today.

IMG_6495.jpeg

After you have a whole slug of beautiful pipes to admire and show off any money spent on non Algerian briar is just wasted, I think.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I have a Algerian briar pipe that I purchased from Paul’s pipe shop that Paul, who is no longer with us, made himself. I love the pipe and I only smoke his famous blend of tobacco that he made called Arrowhead. It’s a great smoking pipe. You have some beautiful Algerians there sir.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Excellent! I really enjoy my Royal Ascot Supreme Algerian Briar bulldog (from my father's pipe collection).
IMG_7619.jpgI asked Copilot (microsoft's AI) what it can tell me about the Royal Ascot brand of pipes. Here is the answer:

The Royal Ascot brand of tobacco pipes is known for its quality craftsmanship. Here’s what I found:
  1. Manufacturing: Pipes with the Royal Ascot brand were manufactured in France for Duncan1. They were destined for the US market and sold by Mastercraft1. Many of them are marked Algerian Briar1.
  2. Design: Royal Ascot pipes often feature more diminutive proportions than their Italian or American counterparts2. From figural wood carving to timeless and elegant bent Billiards, Royal Ascot offers a variety of French designs2.
  3. Estate Pipes: An estate pipe is any pipe that has been previously owned by someone else, including both smoked and unsmoked offerings2. Each estate pipe that is sold has undergone a thorough cleaning and disinfecting regimen before it is ever offered for sale2. Estate pipes are generally far less expensive than a new pipe of the same make2.
  4. Availability: Royal Ascot pipes are available for purchase on various online platforms like Smokingpipes2 and others.
Please note that the availability might vary based on your location and the store’s inventory. It’s always a good idea to check with the store or the online platform for the most accurate and current availability. Hope this helps! 😊

Pulled info from pipedia, smokingpipes, and tobaccoreviews.