PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Greg, that is most certainly an African Block Meer. Stay away from Super glue. The best fix for that crack is banding. You don't have to worry about handling those type Meers as the block is denser than Turkish meer(not as porous). Beeswax won't have much affect as African Meers are pre-colored. Great find for 10 bucks.

As a special favor to you for a small fee I can perform a secret African healing ceremony over your pipe that has been know to work miracles. :)

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Keith, thank you for the info. And I laughed so hard when I read of the secret healing ceremony I nearly dropped my phone! :rofl:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have a straight stem like that, which I purchased at a Wilson's Department Store around 1983 or so. There were no identifying marks on the box or the pipe then either, and it came with a pigskin tobacco pouch. $25.00 for the package back then. It has been a good, serviceable pipe, but I don't care much for the stem on mine.

d4d42901.jpg

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
That looks almost exactly like it. I don't care for the stem either. It's kind of a plastic, slick feeling thing and I almost have to use a softy bit to smoke it. The yellow color doesn't add to its appeal for me either. :roll: I didn't score the case with mine: dang it!

imrandy

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
No markings i can see there looks like there may have been something on the stem but then again it could just be some scratches they almost look like gold tint but i cant tell for sure I did snag the set for 30 bucks pulled them out of a box stuffed with pipes these were on the bottom but i could see just a glimps of white when i looked down through the glass

Status
Not open for further replies.