Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Hello! Names Tobias!

Pleased to meet you all.

Denver born, moving to Seattle sometime in 2021-2022!

I have a lot of hobbies but the longest lasting has been D&D DM'ing.

I used to smoke the pipe a lot in college, had a cheapo corn cob or two for a long time but now I have two Peterson churchwardens a friend bought me for Christmas. I haven't smoked out of them yet as I'm waiting for some Plum Pudding to come in the mail. I've always enjoyed reading/writing D&D stuff and enjoying a nice puff. Just gotta tune out all the tech once in a while to get creative again.

I ramble a bit so I'll leave it there for now. Hope to enjoy the community.

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
No idea what D&D is or DM’ing...but welcome! You’ll enjoy that plum pudding for sure.

kia ora bro
Haha not everyone's cuppa tea for sure. Dungeons and Dragons and DM'ing is Dungeon Mastering. Some say Game Master instead to avoid any adult connotations to it.

I've been into tabletop games for ages and it just kind of fell into my writing hobby pretty nicely. Nothing quite like getting together with the lads and telling a story and having them figure out their way through it.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Haha not everyone's cuppa tea for sure. Dungeons and Dragons and DM'ing is Dungeon Mastering. Some say Game Master instead to avoid any adult connotations to it.

I've been into tabletop games for ages and it just kind of fell into my writing hobby pretty nicely. Nothing quite like getting together with the lads and telling a story and having them figure out their way through it.
Haha and here I was thinking man this guy is forward in his intro talking about his 50 shades of grey stuff. Lol

sounds good bro. My brother and his mates play a lot of magic card game (I think). Your churchwardens should fit in with the scene well.

Reactions: morior8

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Haha and here I was thinking man this guy is forward in his intro talking about his 50 shades of grey stuff. Lol

sounds good bro. My brother and his mates play a lot of magic card game (I think). Your churchwardens should fit in with the scene well.
Haha! Probably good I cleared that up then for any other readers.

My brother plays that a lot as well with his co workers. They have some league thing going now. I haven't played since grade school. Just boggles the mind it's still so popular. But I guess the same can be said for anything like that in the digital age.

Reactions: Ahi Ka
Aug 1, 2012

Another tabletop RPG fan here. I've got a game where my wife is DM-ing a Starfinder campaign (system is interesting but needs tweaking) currently running which is a lot of fun. The strangest one was an old AD&D group where I joined late and took over another person's character (female half-elf barbarian).

Welcome.

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Another tabletop RPG fan here. I've got a game where my wife is DM-ing a Starfinder campaign (system is interesting but needs tweaking) currently running which is a lot of fun. The strangest one was an old AD&D group where I joined late and took over another person's character (female half-elf barbarian).

Welcome.
I think I have some star finder laying around. I do remember it being a bit clunky in the rules. I enjoy sci fi stuff quite a bit so maybe I’ll pick it up again some day.

oh man, taking over anyone’s character is awkward haha but with old modules it’s easier to do so rather than just making an at level character of your own and running in with some sometimes shoehorned in story as to why they’re there.

thanks for the welcome !

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Howdy & welcome from the SC upstate. Did a good bit of DMing myself BITactualD. I had a favorite NPC I used to have parties run into -- a werebear, chaotic good. Naturally parties always kneejerked with the stupid "A lycanthrope! Kill it!" attitude. Toopid. -eyl grin- in my universes you never, EVER, attack a good-oriented character; bad things tend to happen. };)

Glad to have you with us!

Bill

Reactions: Jacob74 and morior8

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Greeting, Tobias; and welcome to the fold! Old School RPG Grognard spoken here.

Perhaps, rather than smoking "cheapo" cobs, you might prefer those which are Popularly Priced. :LOL:- Sherm Natman
Thank you and dang! I haven't heard that name in a while. Reminds me of my old pastor who passed away not too long ago. He got me into the more technical side of war games. Good stuff!

Oh definitely, Got me some good ones for Christmas. They're just waiting for some tins to roll in next Tuesday for their maiden voyage.

Reactions: shermnatman

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Howdy & welcome from the SC upstate. Did a good bit of DMing myself BITactualD. I had a favorite NPC I used to have parties run into -- a werebear, chaotic good. Naturally parties always kneejerked with the stupid "A lycanthrope! Kill it!" attitude. Toopid. -eyl grin- in my universes you never, EVER, attack a good-oriented character; bad things tend to happen. };)

Glad to have you with us!

Bill
I enjoy throwing in stuff like that into the games. Definitely throws the party off of the "if it looks like a monster it's bad." mentality. I like shifting Alignments of known races as well. Like elves aren't snooty and more involved with the community. Or have the "final boss" be someone the party really grows to respect, making the end game really emotional for them to pull off.

Thanks for the welcome!

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Love me a good old fashioned dungeon crawl, but my favorite has always been the sci-fi.Traveller was and is my favorite blend of space opera and tech imagination, with a killer character creation process (wink to those who know), and an easy to jump into ruleset.
That sounds pretty fun, I've only heard of it but never played it myself. Not enough time in the day to try 'em all. But I'll add it to my list of maybe's for the crew after the current campaign is done.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Reactions: Jacob74

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

around (central PA) here DM means Dungeon and Dragons and GM means any other game that doesn't have it's own designation. (such as Hol which has an HM). I find that one of the things people seem to not know is that with any of those games how much fun they are all depends on who you're with. A good DM can give you some stories that last for a long time a bad one makes you understand why most people think you're all a bunch of nerds who love funny sided dice. That's why it can get hard to go back into roleplaying when you've had a great group for years and then everyone starts moving away.

Reactions: morior8

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
around (central PA) here DM means Dungeon and Dragons and GM means any other game that doesn't have it's own designation. (such as Hol which has an HM). I find that one of the things people seem to not know is that with any of those games how much fun they are all depends on who you're with. A good DM can give you some stories that last for a long time a bad one makes you understand why most people think you're all a bunch of nerds who love funny sided dice. That's why it can get hard to go back into roleplaying when you've had a great group for years and then everyone starts moving away.
Oh absolutely, I have plenty of acquaintances that despise it due to bad experiences or just outright awkward ones. As with any subculture there's bound to be fools that shouldn't be doing it or just need to take their ego out of it. Unfortunate but it happens.

I hope people can find good experiences with it whether it be now or another attempt 30 years down the road. I dropped it for a good decade after college just for lack of time and most of the DM's around at the time were running stuff I wasn't interested in.

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Oh absolutely, I have plenty of acquaintances that despise it due to bad experiences or just outright awkward ones. As with any subculture there's bound to be fools that shouldn't be doing it or just need to take their ego out of it. Unfortunate but it happens.

I hope people can find good experiences with it whether it be now or another attempt 30 years down the road. I dropped it for a good decade after college just for lack of time and most of the DM's around at the time were running stuff I wasn't interested in.
yea. It can be hard to find a good group.

Reactions: Jacob74 and morior8
Status
Not open for further replies.