PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
My 4 year anniversary was this past Monday and my wife was out of town. I had already taken her out to dinner and bought her a fancy new purse prior to her trip, but she had not yet picked up anything for me. So I called up the local tobacconist where she was (Country Squire) and talked to the manager JD to make sure he knew what I liked as far as pipes and then I mentioned it off hand to the wife that she could stop by there....
Mission Accomplished:

Nug7y2C.jpg

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
Good work. Nothing worse than finding out your wife bought you a $50 Chinese rosewood p.o.s. because it had a "pretty carving". I know from experience, brother. Hope you make out well.

kairos

Lurker
Jan 12, 2014
J.D. from the Country Squire tobacco shop has a great weekly podcast with Beau York. Good conversation on pipes and pipe tobaccos, plus a lot of other good stuff.
You can download the podcast via iTunes, or check it out here on the web:

http://www.podasterynetwork.com/countrysquireradio/

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Brilliant! Our 23rd anniversary is coming up in little over a week and I may take a page out of your playbook. :wink:
Happy anniversary!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Add a 0 to that and that's how many we'll have come August. Many happy wishes and congratulations on both your anniversary and a fine gift to remember it by!

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
My wife sends me off to the Chicago show with a packet of small sized portraits of Benjamin Franklin and tells me to pick out the pipe I want.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Happy fourth anniversary to you both. Actually, that's a kindness to help select. I jump at the chance

to buy my wife something she really wants rather than some lame guess, even if I have to buy it in front

of her several weeks early. I just tell her, I'd rather buy you something you really crave than spring something

on you that requires you to act out enthusiasm. The Neerup is a beauty, and your wife was there and selected

it from among others, so she has fine taste too. Neerup has a style you can spot at 100 yards, and I admire

their metal work and bands. Many happy returns!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Congrats on your four years and the wisdom to know that buying a gift she wants is alot better than guessing wrong!
Enjoy your anniversary gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.