PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
In thumbing through the new P&C catalog this morning, I can see that as 2026 draws near, likewise does Mac Baren's 200th year of existence, and Savinelli's 150th. Like many on here, I'm a very big fan of both, and there's no doubt in my mind that both companies will be releasing something special to mark the occasion--obviously, just a blend in the case of MacB, but perhaps both a pipe and a blend in the case of Sav (hopefully nothing too hyped up, so as to fall utterly flat, as is all too prevalent these days). Three years seemingly goes by in the blink of an eye, which is why I'm talking about it (and setting aside some $$ for it) this early.

What would you like to see in 2026 from either company?

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Their 140th tobacco they released for a few years is a favorite of mine. I skipped 145 because of the addition of Perique. I'd love to see something that goes back to highlighting the use of the Italian DFK they use without something like perique in it. Just a personal preference though.
I concur, 140th was fantastic. Hope Sav's marketing department is keenly observing this thread now... 🤞

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Mac Barren = 200th-anniversary 5-year Barrel aged Rustica
Savinelli = 150th- anniversary Bings, Clarkes, Gingers Favorites with Noce Carved finish copper bands and craquele methacrylate mouthpieces...

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
In classic fashion, I of course forgot to mention my own wishes. 🤦‍♂️

I'm good on pipes myself, but my TAD is strong. I'm hoping MB releases a nice loose cut VaBur, with minimal casing. In other words, Burley London Blend w/o the chocolate motif. And yes, if Savinelli did something comparable to 140th anniversary, that would just be the cat's pajamas.