PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Never going to win a quick draw contest with an ankle holster. I guess if you knew in advance.
I'm never going to win a quick draw contest no matter what ! :ROFLMAO:

for primary carry there are much better options.. great idea for a backup gun. As for brand, type, configuration a lots depends on how you dress. Baggy suit pants, jeans, etc. Back when I was driving a lot I went with a shoulder rigs

I have multiple pistols for waist carry, but sometimes waist or pocket aren't an option, so ankle is better than going without.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I’ve never ankle packed anything other than a stiletto. I would pair my ankle holster with short shorts and a large frame/ large caliber revolver for maximum style though , if I were to suggest a recommendation for others.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
This is a good gun IMO. Weighs next to nothing and packs a wallop. 38 +P will do what needs done if you strike your victim within the range that this piece is designed for.
It’s way too thick for the ankle

know what packs more punch? A baby Glock 10mm

Reactions: Latakia Dave

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
You guys crack me up.

How about doing the LOGICAL thing and adjusting your life so a "back up" weapon is never needed?

How?

With a Predator-style shoulder mounted cannon. Wear it 24/7, instantly blast anyone who so much as looks at you sideways for any reason... and I 100% guarantee carrying a .380 hide-gun (or whatever is in vogue these days) will NOT be necessary.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 6.56.52 PM.png

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
It’s way too thick for the ankle

know what packs more punch? A baby Glock 10mm
I was replying to how you said you’d get “a better” gun, as though the airweight is a mediocre or crumby gun. It is not. I do agree with you now that you’ve clarified…for one thing the profile of a SW642AW would be obvious on the ankle unless the wearer is large-limbed. To seriously answer the OP - I doubt i’d strap my spare to my ankle. My spare would be an airweight or a derringer in whatever pocket feels handy. In fact, I often tummy-strap it or back-pocket it. Guns like this aren’t necessarily meant to be holstered IMO.

Last edited:

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I was replying to how you said you’d get “a better” gun, as though the airweight is a mediocre or crumby gun. It is not. I do agree with you now that you’ve clarified…for one thing the profile of a SW642AW would be obvious on the ankle unless the wearer is large-limbed. To seriously answer the OP - I doubt i’d strap my spare to my ankle. My spare would be an airweight or a derringer in whatever pocket feels handy. In fact, I often tummy-strap it or back-pocket it. Guns like this aren’t necessarily meant to be holstered IMO.
A better carry gun. ?
Revolvers are just not it IMO if you want to conceal.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
A better carry gun. ?
Revolvers are just not it IMO if you want to conceal.
Yeah there’s certainly other ways to go about carrying/concealing, depending upon one’s priorities. The 642 is my “expecting no resistance” carry. And I put it in my back pocket so it blends in with my ass. Wear it in front and people are questioning your nutsack. Anyway, I carry this when traveling on foot, for personal conflicts. Yes my Glock is flatter but it is not smaller or lighter. But I will eschew the .38 for the Glock 9 mil when traveling by car. I feel like I can penetrate a car body with a 9mm even if my vehicle and my aggressors] vehicle are both in motion with the FPS that the 9 affords. And the extra capacity of the 9 is desirable for car-to-car engagements. But when i’m walking around the 9 is less comfortable as it jabs me if it’s not in a proper holster. Proper holsters add profile, BTW.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yeah there’s certainly other ways to go about carrying/concealing, depending upon one’s priorities. The 642 is my “expecting no resistance” carry. And I put it in my back pocket so it blends in with my ass. Wear it in front and people are questioning your nutsack. Anyway, I carry this when traveling on foot, for personal conflicts. Yes my Glock is flatter but it is not smaller or lighter. But I will eschew the .38 for the Glock 9 mil when traveling by car. I feel like I can penetrate a car body with a 9mm even if my vehicle and my aggressors] vehicle are both in motion with the FPS that the 9 affords. And the extra capacity of the 9 is desirable for car-to-car engagements. But when i’m walking around the 9 is less comfortable as it jabs me if it’s not in a proper holster. Proper holsters add profile, BTW.
A 9mm will bounce right off a windshield and barely penetrate some metals. 10mm will go into an engine block.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus
Status
Not open for further replies.