PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Never mind the pipe, it is worth the price just to be able to say the name Andreas Bennwik. If he wasn't a pipe carver, he should be the protagonist in a novel. Andreas Bennwik; tell me that's not fun to say. My spell check hates it.

shaneireland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 14, 2014
Conway, SC
www.smokingpipes.com
Have any of you owned an Andreas Bennwik pipe? If so, what are your impressions of his skill? I'm particularly interested in the engineering and his stem work. I have this pipe reserved, awaiting feedback from my rep at SP.

View attachment 67436
I’m a big fan of Andreas’ work and he’s easily one of the most underrated artisans of the past few years. He’s an extremely talented visual artist/graphic designer and it shows in his pipes. This piece is a great find!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Looks good to me. I have a similarly shaped Elliot Nachwalter that I love.

6b80e96a-acfd-4e01-bb1d-0d030e778298-jpeg.66820

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I never noticed any difference in the burn in a conical chamber, but you may be sensitive to that.

I love the form!
It's not the burn that bothers me -- it's the tendency to gurgle. I own literally hundreds of pipes. The only ones that I ever experience problems with gurgling have conical chambers. This includes two high-grade pipes. One Benni Jorgensen and also a W.Ø. Larsen Straight Grain 7. Jeff Gracik has said that he would not make a pipe with a conical chamber because all the moisture is drained to a small point right at the draft hole. That said, I have some pipes with conical chambers which do not gurgle. Of course, this can be managed with a pipe cleaner, provided that the pipe allows one to pass into the bowl without removing the stem.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy