PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcer

Lurker
Jul 28, 2011
jchaplick, i was very happy with the whole process, as soon as I paid, they took the picture of my pipe off the site, and it came here (to Canada) in I think it was 5 business days.
This is my first meer, and I am glad I bought it. I really enjoyed the first smoke, and I am looking forward to seeing how long it will take me to see the colour come through.

Again, I will try to get pictures up soon.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
atsymbol.gif
bcer

This article may be of some material use to you... It contains some most excellent information about coloring your meer.
Slave to the White Goddess

bcer

Lurker
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks Lawrence for the link.

I did read that, and found it very interesting.

I only smoke my pipe every now and then, so my meer will take a long time to change.

I have about 6 briars, 1 clay and 1 meer, and I think the meer will be getting my full time attention for now.
Thanks everyone for all the great information.

jopel

Lurker
Mar 12, 2012
Hi,
If you wish you'd like to help from Eskisehir. If you have problems with Eskisehir Meerschaum Tell us again, the solution will do our best to help.
Greetings from Eskisehir
Meerschaum Store
www.barooc.com

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
A good meerschaum is worth shelling out a few bucks for. There are a couple of good maker/sellers on eBay that will do a good job for you. Some will even make a pipe to your specifications or drawing. As a Retired Marine, you can see where my interests lie, but I do like my meers!
005.jpg

006.jpg

960069.jpg

960070.jpg

Family001219.jpg

IMG_7184.jpg

0042.jpg

skyblue

Lurker
Dec 28, 2012
I ordered 2 of these pipes a few weeks ago. Have to say they smoke very well and arrived very quickly. Regarding coloring, not sure yet. The finger test indicates they are block meerschaum but in the one I've smoked some curious gray lines are appearing between stem and bowl. i've emailed them but no resopnse yet,

Jul 12, 2011
+1w/TopD, spend a little extra, go over to SP.com, get a Storient or

IMP, I have both and they are top-smokers, zero issues

poligerard

Lurker
Dec 28, 2012
I' am looking for a 60-70 usd meerschaum pipe.

so and is 70 usd ?
I too have 6 IMPs (from smokingpipes.com) , 3 Storient meerschaum pipes (from smokingpipes.com) ,4 baki and 3 SMS meerschaum pipes and 5 estate meerschaum from ebay.
this time need to buy a more economic brand new meerschaum..I bought lots of pipes and gifts for christmas this year.It will be a gift too
how is the quality of and ?

I need an answer from a person who bought an AND meerschaum pipe.
thanks

skyblue

Lurker
Dec 28, 2012
I did get a positive reply from Alex at AND who apologised for being away from internet and basically said he wasn't sure about the lines either but if they were cracks they would get a lot worse very quickly so get back to him if that was the case.

Soon after I gave the pipe another clean - I use a pipe tool to scrape out the tar from the bowl - lo and behold I realised the trailing point of another part of the tool was making crazy paving marks on the pipe !

So Mystery solved.

POLIGERARD I'd say AND meers are a good value and good way to start - though I'll be going for a more expensive carved piece next.

cjgoh

Lurker
Feb 25, 2013
I'm a firm believer of "You get what you pay for", and sometimes "You DON'T get what you have paid for". But personally, I do believe Good Stuff don't come cheap. There's always a reason behind the price of a any Goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.