PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I had a very busy day at work yesterday, got home a bit late and had no idea this even happened until I turned on the news channel. I caught one report of the earthquake, and then news of George H.W. Bush broke, and that's all they've been covering since. It is good to know that there have been (at least to my knowledge so far) no fatalities. Not sure I would like living in a place where the earth tends to shake things up, although there have been some minor quakes in Texas in recent years. I've lived here all my life and didn't even know we had any fault lines until a few years ago. Still, here in Texas most of us don't even know what an earthquake is, and when we've had a shake everyone stops what they're doing and acts like a prairie dog.... "What the... what the crap was that???" ...
giphy.gif

Nope, nope, and nope. I think I'll take my chances with the high heat summers, extreme super cell thunderstorms, and tornadoes... at least if I get sucked up by a tornado, I might get the chance to hang out with some flying monkeys and little people.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Glad to hear everyone is ok.
Earth quakes must be scary, no warning and all of a sudden bam, the world is shaking. At least here in Florida we gets days of warning for hurricanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.