PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
I have an outdoor fireplace that I cook out on all the time. Only use wood from the surrounding forrest (mostly pepperwood/CA laurel). Sure makes whatever I am cooking taste smokey-good. I can easily set it up to toast some tobacco. When it is warms up a bit, I'll give it a go.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I agree it sounds pleasant. I am of the belief that every pipe tobacco benefits and improves by drying it a fair amount fro the way it is packaged. Your approach allowed you to dry it in a more accelerated fashion than simple open air drying.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I have an outdoor fireplace that I cook out on all the time. Only use wood from the surrounding forrest (mostly pepperwood/CA laurel). Sure makes whatever I am cooking taste smokey-good. I can easily set it up to toast some tobacco. When it is warms up a bit, I'll give it a go.
Ah-hah! I knew there was something to it. It makes sense, though, that the smoke would infuse the surfaces it touches with its own essences and impart a flavour: isn't that what we do all the time with our pipes?

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Ah-hah! I knew there was something to it. It makes sense, though, that the smoke would infuse the surfaces it touches with its own essences and impart a flavour: isn't that what we do all the time with our pipes?

Pretty much. This thread is not about food, but man there is nothing like a steak cooked over open flame. It will be an interesting experiment to let the fire die down a bit and roast tobacco for a bit. We shall see. Worth at least one attempt.

Reactions: diamondback
Status
Not open for further replies.