Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
This article appeared in my local North Shore Long Island NY community newspaper.
http://www.northshoreoflongisland.com/Articles-i-2011-06-09-88522.112114-sub18236.112114-A-marker-in-Setauket-for-a-remarkable-life.html

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Nice,....growing up on Long Island I had to google that little town. I'd never heard of it before. thanks for posting the article.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Amazing how people, even in times when they weren't normally sociably accepted, were loved by many. Definitely sounds like a great life lived and glad to hear the community paid due respect so long after her passing.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
As an Undertaker, I love stuff like this. Sounds like an awesome person. Would have liked to sit in her presence and have a bowl.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
That's a nice gesture they did for her....

One thing I noticed was the article said she always had her pipe and

if you take note her age was 93 when she died.

Another long lived pipe smoker! :puffy:

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
Truly a nice article...I'd surely would have liked to have shared a smoke with her.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Glad you all enjoyed the article as I did. I am fortunate to reside in a great community. There is a lot of history here that dates back to the Revolutionary War period. We are also blessed with a beautiful scenic environment on Long Island Sound and we are home to the State University of New York campus at Stony Brook with a major medical center and much culture. Most of the residents of this community are appreciative of our blessings here.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Great article. Sounds like someone you just had to stop and talk with or just smoked a bowl with.

Status
Not open for further replies.