Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Only $750 :roll:
002-560-0095.jpg

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/werner-mummert/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=158536

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Ugly. I wish more people would read the Constitution. Especially the Germans. :rofl: The flag is not to be depicted as art, clothing, jewelry, etc. Every time someone wears a little American Flag pin, or smokes an American Flag pipe, George Washington starts spinning in his grave. Heck, if we hooked him up to a generator, he could power Washington D.C. This isn't politics, just good old American History and Constitutional Law. :crazy:

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
I just had a look at the link .... $750!!!!!
You could get a couple of Dunhills or a fistful of Petes for that!
Being a patriot is evidently an expensive business :mrgreen:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Mayfair, what part of the US Constitution addresses the flag? I'm familiar with the US Flag Code, and that specifically states (among other things) how flag pins are to be worn. And the flag "not depicted as art" is a little hard to believe.
I was one part of a military color guard and studied up on the flag code. Basically, just because it's red, white and blue and has Stars and Stripes doesn't mean it's a "flag".
But I agree, the pipe is UGLY.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Bigvan - This was what I was referring to, among others. You are right, it doesn't say it can't be depicted as art. It is United States Code not Constitution. My bad. I've never read anything about the appropriateness of flag pins until today. I can't say I like the pins.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8

U.S. Code › Title 4 › Chapter 1 › § 8(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Without taking this into a ditch, I highly doubt George Washington would care. The jingoistic flag is NOT the American Flag and reading a tad more about Washington would seal the deal. I'm not here to lecture, but throwing that flag bomb, I couldn't walk away.
But fuckit, I'm now walking away.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
My intention wasn't to bring up the flag issue, :oops: ,just to point out an exceptionally ugly piece of briar. I can't find any redeeming qualities but I'm sure someone will buy it :crazy:

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
My apologies, Dave, for bringing up the flag issue. I'm sorry. I'll try to be more conscientious and respectful of your posts in the future. Thankfully, we can all agree it's an ugly pipe. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.