PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 1, 2021
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Anthrology review

Tin note was kinda nasty. I was expecting a nice fruity smell but was met with a certain mustiness and a hint of vinegar.

This blend has little to no tangy/citrus/vinegar notes. I get plum & fig fruit notes along with nice bready notes. This blend is slightly sweet and a joy to retrohale. Composed of 12% perique, the perique is not always present but is very welcome when it comes around.

The broken flakes come pretty moist out the tin. I dry mine for 30-60 mine before smoking. There is no bite with this blend, and it is well behaved.

Honestly one of the best VA blends I’ve smoked in a while. I’ve been looking for a darker virginia blend that’s like the polar opposite of Orlik Golden Sliced’s light tangy floral citrusy characters. Anthrology bangs.

I’m gonna say something crazy, but I’m not even mad that I have less than 50 grams of McClelland’s christmas cheer left. I have Anthrology to back me up!

5/5 star rating for me.A1C76228-7403-486A-AEB9-9D29B1F389EB.jpeg6279A26A-A15E-4BB0-861F-67A2E6CE0D95.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I’m not a Virginia guy, but this blend was fantastic.
Va are my favorite and also the ones I find myself feeling pickiest about. Any burly I will really like for example but the Vas that I like really just hit me as the most perfect smokes. So basically I feel even more like it would be good to have expendable dosh to stock up on this one.