PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Before I left on my latest construction job off the coast of Norway on an island building a hydro powerplant I thought to bring along not only a few pipes for myself but a cob because their is always someone that wants a puff. First thing that happened when I took my first evening smoke before crawling into my trailer makeshift home was that a workmate asked for a go. Sure, I already had a cob loaded and waiting.. After two weeks he was totally taken and asking about ordering tobacco. Tobacco is eye popping expensive in Norway, pipe smoking saves money besides. Happy to say, talked to him today and he's bought some pipe tobacco and enjoying his cob I ended up giving him, a a young hard working guy from Iceland. Glad that I thought to take a Missouri Cob with me, it found a good home. :puffy:

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
I love them too, I dont smoke them that often but one or two tend to find their way into a big order of mine.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
I'm planning an order as well, having a tough time making a decision between the "General" and the "MacArthur" though.
I also keep two extra "legends" around, just in case someone needs one. I just gave away one to a guy at the renaissance fair this last weekend in fact.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
i've always wanted a General. That will be my next cob. So I vote for the General. Big but not crazy Big.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
I do the same thing! Not too long ago I ordered a dozen "Missouri Pride" style pipes directly from MM. I use these pipes here on the boat as i don't have to worry about them getting damaged in the harsh environment. These pipes are 4 bucks each. The reason I got so many was so that I could share some of the pleasure I get from this hobby of ours with my friends and crew mates. I have 3 left and can easily say that the 36 bucks I spent on the pipes has offered some of the best ROI on my expenditures on pipesmoking to date. (fun and laughs, and some unintentional laughs!!) I recommend the idea to anyone. It is really fun to share a bowl with someone new to the pursuit... a couple of the fellows have gotten into it a little bit as well and we take smokes on the back deck pretty regularly, which is kinda nice! (a side note, get the bent version of the prides, the bowl is a little bigger...)

james

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2011
I may need to start carrying around a few myself, got a few guys at work that have asked about pipe smoking :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.